June 2011 Moms
Options

moms of biracial babies (particularly black & white)...

What's the hair situation?  I thought for sure that Stella would have a full head of curly hair.  Was actually hoping for that since mine is hopelessly stick straight.  But as you can see from my siggy pic...nothing.  At leas she's no longer sporting her daddy's hairline...but still.  DH's cousin has a son a month older and his niece has a daughter 3 months younger and both of them have full heads of hair.  I am jealous.  And I hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the butt.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: moms of biracial babies (particularly black & white)...

• Options
    my children aren't biracial, but my sister just had a DD in September with a FULL head of pin straight black hair.  With her hair and complexion she looks more native american than black/white.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    My sister's husband is black & both my nephew & my niece were born with straight black hair.  My nephew's started to get curly around 5-6mos, he is now almost 3yrs & his curls are pretty tight. My neice (who's 16mos) is just now starting to get the nice, soft curls.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD is mixed black and white. I was CONVINCED she would come out with a mini afro, like my DH. Nope, she has about the same amount of hair that your DD has. Her hair is pretty fine. It is slightly curly and frizzy, but like my curly and frizzy hair. The texture is definitely my white texture. Her hair is dark, but some of it is coming in blonde!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Bi racial babies (particular black&white) usually come out with straight black or brown hair.  Then the hair texture and color ususally shifts to his more perm color and texture by age two.

PS: I come for a large biracial community.

• Options
    Her hair was dark blonde and curly when she was born and there was LOTS of it. She's lost a lot and her hair is now very thin but stull curly, especially when it's wet, it look like she's got jheri curls goin on lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Based on the responses, I'm sure most of you don't know this....black babies are born with straight hair or soft curly hair. If the hair becomes the "Afro type" at all, it's usually a little later.  When I took LO to my job after I had her, ALL of my white coworkers were shocked by her hair and started asking questions. They also thought that all black babies were born with Afros.
  • Options

imagenewmomat33:
    Based on the responses, I'm sure most of you don't know this....black babies are born with straight hair or soft curly hair. If the hair becomes the "Afro type" at all, it's usually a little later.  When I took LO to my job after I had her, ALL of my white coworkers were shocked by her hair and started asking questions. They also thought that all black babies were born with Afros.

You know, I've never been exposed to many babies at all in my 38 years (I've always been, until I decided to have one of my own, anti-baby).  Based on what I saw of DH's cousin's son as well as DH's niece's daughter, I would have thought we'd have at last a little more hair! 

• Options
    My LO is Vietnamese/caucasian....MH has very thick, rather coarse hair. I have very thin, fine hair and so does LO. We'll see if his thickens up as he gets older.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I am white but my mom has hair very very similar to black women's hair and my dad's is straight.  My hair when I was an infant was light brown and soft/straight but after I turned 1 my hair got darker and darker and ringlet curls.  Then the older I got my ringlets turned into waves and now the top sections of my hair are straight and underneath is super wavy/curly.  So maybe your DD will have a few transformations as well. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"