April 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone else on 'bed rest'? Question...

So, I don't really understand this bed rest thing. My doctor didn't give me "rules" about what I can and cannot do. All she said was, "Lay, relax, and take it easy." I see her tomorrow morning and I'll ask for sure, but I wondered if any of you ladies are on it/have been and what could you do?

Family members are offering to make DH and I meals, come over and help me, etc. I mean... I can walk, so...can I get up and DO stuff? I just figured bed rest meant to not go to work and relax, but does it literally mean BED.REST.? I don't want to overdo anything, but to me it seems like people are making a bigger deal out of it than I am. Maybe I'm missing something... haha

Edit: I don't mean that I'll be running up and down the stairs and lifting heavy things, but as far as cooking/cleaning up/etc...??

Re: Anyone else on 'bed rest'? Question...

• Options
    depends how strict your bed rest is...some moms can only get up to pee or go to bed or from bed to couch.  I am on "modified bedrest" due to my cerclage (precaution since I had issues with my 1st before dd...but all pregnancies so far I have had a nice long, closed cervix).  Modified meaning don't walk much...no grocery shopping trips, walks in the mall, heavy lifting, etc.  I was more careful with the other two...DD I didn't have anything to do other than work and it was a low key office job in the hospital I delivered at...w/DS I was home and DD was 9 so I didn't have to do much other than pick her up from school. Now w/DS I am definitely acting 100% normal...I am not doing my house cleaning anymore...but I do grocery shopping, errands, take care of him, make dinner...I feel great and my cervix is fine. (so far)  I really think the 1st time was a fluke but you never know so I would rather be safe than sorry and have the cerclage than miscarrying early again.
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Options

It varies so much -- only your doctor can tell you what to do.  PP is right!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"