Maryland Babies

My crazy life...

ETA: Sorry so long!  Readers Digest Version- I was in a minor accident yesterday, but the baby and I are fine.  Please don't mention on Facebook!!  DH hasn't gotten ahold of my MIL yet, and we don't want her to hear about this on FB before she hears from my husband.

So yesterday I ended up stranded on the side of York Road in the freezing cold for an hour and a half waiting for Emergency Roadside Assistance. 

I came up ocer a hill and right after I crested the hill, there was a large piece of metal in the road.  There was no way to avoid hitting it, so I tried to straddle it.  It got stuck under my car, which immediately styarted making a metalic grinding noise.  This is the stretch of York Rd that is called Loveton, and there is no shoulder.  SO, I had to leave my car in the lane of traffice.  I grabbed my purse and scrambled (faster then I would have thought I could move at 5 months + pregnant) up an embankment to get away from my car incase anyone came over the hill and hit it.

I called roadside assistance the first time and give them all my info  We get disconnected.  I had given them my call back # so I wait a few minutes and no call.  SO I call roadside assitance again.  Give them all of my info again.  The dispatcher tells me that my previous call had "nor been saved in the system."  She tells me that she is going to call the police and a tow truck.  All this takes about 20 - 25 minutes.

Anotehr 45 minutes goes by and nothing...  No police, no tow truck.  I dial 411 and get the number for a local garage, call them and they refer me to a different company that is closer to my location.  I call the 2nd tow company.  The dispatcher is really nice.  She has someone in route before she even finishes taking down all my info.  Within 5 minutes of hanging up with dispatch the tow truck it there.

The guy was really nice.  He lifts my car up and pulls out the mud flap from a tractor trailer.  It still had a giant piece of metal attached.  He looks at my car and says he thinks there isn't any major damage.  Nothing is punctured and leaking and everything looks intact.  It takes him less then 10 minutes.  I turn the car on and the check engine light is on.  Tow truck man says it might be from being lifted or I may have torn some wires lose.  I follow him down York Rd and take my car to the dealership.  My sister who just happens to be home from work because he kids are sick comes and picks me up from the dealership.  The police never bothered to show up. 

My mom took me to my already scheduled OB appointment.  I tell them what happened and OB puts me on the fetal monitor.  Thankfully everything with the baby looks great!

The dealership called and said that the wires to my O2 censor had been knocked out.  It cost me $200 to have them replaced.  They asked if I wanted to submit it to my insurance, but since my deductable is higher then that I just paid it out of pocket.

2012 is fired.  I am only 10 days in and this has been a sucky year.  I need a do over!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: My crazy life...

• omg...I'm glad to hear you and baby are ok! How's the cold? Did you get any meds that helped?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My PCP (with OBs approval) gave me an Rx for some cough syrup with codeine. I finally got some sleep last night.  I took off today and I am about to go back to bed.  I am hoping that 24 hours on the meds will see a big improvement.  So far a still feel pretty bed, but I am really not sure how much of it is the cold and how much of it is from my scare yesterday.

I am playing around on here, because I have to wait until 9:30 before I can take my meds and go back to sleep,

• Loading the player...
  • Glad you and the LO are ok.  Good thing DD wasn't in the car with you, that would have added some serious stress.  Good for you taking off today, I would have done the same thing.  Rest and get better!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh wow M! I'm glad both you and baby are good. How scary and shitty that you had to wait that long for no one to show up.

• thank goodness you and baby are ok!
  • Glad you're okay!! Did you ever find out why roadside assistance never showed up?

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Wow, I'm glad you're ok.
  • wow, glad you two are okay!
     Mama to Baby K. born @25wks due to pProm/PTL. Forever in Our Hearts. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • That is crazy! So happy that everyone is okay.

I haven't been here in a while. How are you feeling?

• Thankd you guys! I am SO glad that Evie wasn't with me.  Thankfully I had just dropped her off at daycare about 10 minutes before this happened.

@SK- as soon as I feel a bit better I am calling my insurance to find out what the heck happened!  Leaving a 6 mo pregnant woman on the side of the road in freezing temps for 90 minutes is NOT okay.

@Jade- Pregnancy wise I feel good.  My OB is really happy with how everything looks and seems to think that with the cervical stitch I should be able to make it full term.  Now if I could just shake this cold!

• That is just crazy. Thank goodness you and baby are fine. I would be LIVID with roadside assistance, though - definitely call them and find out what that mess is about, bc that's just not acceptable. 

Hope your day of rest helps in kicking that cold! 

• I agree - you have to find out what happened with roadside assistane and the police. That sucks! I can't believe they never came. I'm happy everything worked out with you getting a ride and all and that baby is ok! How stressful Sad
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm glad you're ok!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow! Glad you are ok.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Oh my! Glad you and baby are okay. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm glad you are ok!
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d