New York Babies

NYC Referrals - Ob-Gyn's & Hospitals (labor & delivery)

My hubby & I are going to start trying for a baby within the next few months :)

I've been seeing my current ob-gyn at Beth Israel for a few years and I LOVE her. I've only needed to see her for annual exams, which has been fine.  But now that we're considering having a baby, where I deliver is just as important as who my doctor is.

I've heard that Beth Israel falls short compared to other labor & delivery units in New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell and NYU.  I'd like to get some thoughts/comments/experiences about these hospitals and any ob-gyn referrals.  

Much appreciated! Thanks! 

Re: NYC Referrals - Ob-Gyn's & Hospitals (labor & delivery)

• I delivered 2x at NYU.  The L&D rooms are really nice, but the recovery rooms are small and dated.  I really loved the nurses in both L&D and recovery.  If I were to have a third (ha ha ha) I would be happy delivering there again.

If you really love your doctor, I would stick with her.  Unless you are having a high risk pregnancy and need a high end NICU and you think Beth Israel falls short there.

If you decide to switch to NYU, I really liked my doctors at Lexington OB/GYN.  My favorites are Schweizer and Markoff (both men, in case that's an issue).

• I had my 1st at Beth Israel and planing to have my 2nd there also. We had a great experience.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my baby at Cornell-Weill just last month and I had a fantastic experience. When we try for #2 I will definitely be planning to deliver there. 
  • My doctor is also with BI, and I was anxious to hear about other mom's experiences.

I delivered at Beth Israel 5 days ago. 

Honestly, the care was great!

I was induced on Sunday night, so they checked me in.During the night, aside from the nurses, all the residents came in to check on me,every few hours, until my doctor arrived.

The L&D rooms are not bad, you can have your hubby hang out there, they even gave us a pull out couch.

After the delivery, I got a private room (wanted a deluxe, but they were taken), which was very comfy, the nurses are great, you get a lot of help from the staff, lactation consultants.Everyone really made sure that I got everything I needed.

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"