Trying to Get Pregnant

Annoyed with my parents (NBR)

So ever since I can remember my parents have always given me a Valentine's gift. They usually asked me what I want for that gift sometime in October so that they can get it while planning for Christmas gifts. This year I really wanted a trip for me and DH to Jamaica. I've been talking to my mom about it nonstop for the past few months and my dad had agreed that it shouldn't be a problem. Now when the trip is a month away and we've both already requested 11 days off of work my parents told me that they are no longer wanting to pay for the whole trip. There reason is that since they paid for DH and I to go on our family Christmas cruise (which the do every year) they only want to pay for half of the trip or either send us on a trip to Cozumel instead.

I'm really pissed since I was excited about this trip for months and I already had pictured how our whole vacation would be. I also thought it would be a great way to celebrate that we are ttc again. Now my parents are trying to be cheap and send us to Cozumel (where I've gone tons of times) just so they don't have to pay for a hotel since they have a timeshare there. I don't want to go to Cozumel and I feel this is really unfair since they knew that I wanted to go to Jamaica and how much it would cost. I'm so upset, I cried myself to sleep last night in DH's arms. I called my mom this morning and told her that if I can't get the trip I want I don't want to go anywhere or to receive another Valentine's gift from them ever again. My mom partially understands how I feel so she said she would try to get my dad to reconsider. just typing this up is making me tear up again so I guess I'll just stop hereCrying

Re: Annoyed with my parents (NBR)

• I didn't even read the second paragraph but WTF. You sound like an ungrateful snot.

ETA: I read the second part and you sound even more ungrateful. A Valentine's Day Gift? From your parents? Seriously? All the trips? Ugh- and now that I see how pissed off I got from reading a bump post- it's time to step away from the computer.

*TW* Losses Mentioned
    9.6.12 - Crazy J entered the world

4.30.14 - Sweet Angel Micah John lost to T18 at 7 months pregnant
    2.8.16 Miscarriage at 6 weeks
    4.30.16 BFP *stick baby stick*

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker

• I really hope this is a joke--if not, you're a spoiled brat.  Please go cry somewhere else.

edt. punctuation fix. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • You are the epitome of spoiled. I would kill to have a paid vacation EVER and the second that gravy train stops, you're not going to see me crying about it.

Grow up.

This is a Valentines day gift. Who says they have to give you a damn thing?

ETA- clarification

• Send your mom and dad my way, I'd love to have a trip to Cozumel. Seriously, accept it graciously. It's 11 days off from work and it's paid for. Or PAY for part of the Jamaica trip. You are a grown adult acting like a 5 year old who isn't getting their way.
  • SERIOUSLY????  I'm sorry, but someone needs to pull up her big girl panties and learn that not everyone gets life handed to them on a platter.  I'd LOVE to go on a vacation, even Las Vegas (which I've been to more times than I'd like to admit) but it's just not in the budget.  You should be thankful your parents are willing to pay for any of your vacation.  Maybe they are starting to realize that you need to learn to take care of yourself. 

Me: 43 DH: 39 - AMA, DOR
    Mommy to Sami (IVF), Born 8.30.13
    Surprise non-assisted BFP - 12.29.2014, Beta 1 = 322, Beta 2 = 760
    EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• You poor, poor thing. The nerve of your parents!
  • This can't be real. 
    Cycle 7: BFP 1-17-12, Missed Miscarriage at 8w6d (measured 7w2d, no HB), D&C 2-29-12
    Cycle 9: BFP 5-3-12:EDD 1-24-13 It's a girl! Born 12-27-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageWolfette139:
    I don't think there is enough side-eye in the world for this.

Nope, not at all.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I REALLY hope this is MUD.  If not, you sound like a very big brat.  My parents have never ever sent me on a trip and you're complaining that they aren't sending you on the one you want, and you've been to Cozumel "tons of times" and that isn't good enough for you?

I was just thinking the other day, wondering how long it will be before I can afford to send my DAD on a trip as a thank you for all of the ways he has helped me over the years (for paying for things like my downpayment on my house and grad school until I could pay him back)......if you do get KU soon, I really hope your kid isn't an ungrateful brat like you are. 

And FYI, nobody wants to hear how you cried yourself to sleep over a vacation, some of us have real problems to cry over.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• imageslightlyslapdash:

Wow you are very immature...

This! You should apologize to your parents for being so ungrateful.  

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."- Aristotle

image TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Ultimate Holiday Gift Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • How old are you? Really???
  • There is no way this is real. No freaking way.

Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • here's a novel and mature idea... why don't you grow the eff up and thank you parents for all the "love" they've bestowed on you for years and treat them to a trip for Valentines day.

And anyway - I think if you want an elaborate trip for you and your DH as a couple for V-Day, time for you and your DH to earn and pay for it together.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • is this for real?? WTF
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Isn't this the girl from a few months ago whose parents still give her an allowance?
    Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

• Seriously? Im speechless..All the above responses pretty much covered it. Hmm
  • OP has been here before... Posting about her parents supporting her and her DH.  Very likely MUD that just likes to get a rise out everyone.  And since a lot of the regs have disappeared or moved on, she's trying with the new group.  Indifferent
    Me: 32, DH: 45... TTC #1 since May 2010
    July - Nov 2011: Testing with OB... OB said everything looks good
    March - Sept 2012: Moved to RE.. 4 treatment cycles - responses of one or no follicles
    09.03.12: Diagnosed Poor Ovarian Response.. DE IVF only option
    Feb - Nov 2012: Pursued Adoption. That door slammed shut.
    12.23.12: Surprise BFP (first ever)... 12.25 - 12.31: Natural M/C
  • imageSchruteBucks:
    Isn't this the girl from a few months ago whose parents still give her an allowance?

Yep

Me: 32, DH: 45... TTC #1 since May 2010
    July - Nov 2011: Testing with OB... OB said everything looks good
    March - Sept 2012: Moved to RE.. 4 treatment cycles - responses of one or no follicles
    09.03.12: Diagnosed Poor Ovarian Response.. DE IVF only option
    Feb - Nov 2012: Pursued Adoption. That door slammed shut.
    12.23.12: Surprise BFP (first ever)... 12.25 - 12.31: Natural M/C
  • I'm not sure why people here are so rude. I am not immature, I'm just upset and reasonably so. I know that my parents can afford the trip for us, they just don't want to pay for it. We could pay for it ourselves but that isn't the point. They promised me this trip months ago and are now backing out on paying for it. It's my Valentine's gift so I should be able to pick what I want and not some second hand substitue. This is embarassing and upsetting for me, now when our friends ask about the trip we will have to tell them that we are no longer going and they'll probably think we were making the whole thing up. I just hate being lied to and that is just what they have done.
  • imageGhostMonkey:

How horrible of them to not send their grown child on the vacation of her dreams for Valentine's Day.

What exactly do you get for Christmas? A new house?

No, silly- that would be excessive!

imagebaby4us12:

There reason is that since they paid for DH and I to go on our family Christmas cruise (which the do every year) they only want to pay for half of the trip or either send us on a trip to Cozumel instead.

*TW* Losses Mentioned
    9.6.12 - Crazy J entered the world

4.30.14 - Sweet Angel Micah John lost to T18 at 7 months pregnant
    2.8.16 Miscarriage at 6 weeks
    4.30.16 BFP *stick baby stick*

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker

• OMG I totally feel for you! I know how much I hate it when my parents don't spend thousands on me for each and every holiday including hallmark holidays. You should just call the cops and make a report cause this is emotional abuse!!!! 

Basically what I'm trying to say is- if this is real, go F**K yourself you ungrateful snob! And have fun in cozumel... drink lots of tap water it's good for TTC!   

• I have a wonderful way for you and DH to take the trip you want...PAY FOR IT YOURSELVES!!! 

• I'm pretty sure that all the PPs have summed up my thoughts perfectly. No need for repetition.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • I am in a little bit of shock after reading this. I am sorry but you sound like an ungrateful brat. That's all.

ETA: corrected spelling

BFP #1 on 8/10/11 EDD 4/21/12~ m/c 8/16/11 at 4w6d
    BFP #2 on 1/15/12 EDD 9/26/12~ m/c 1/22/12 at 4w4d
    BFP #3 on 2/15/12 EDD 10/28/12 BFP Chart
    ~~Baby MDem Born 11/7/12~~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bump burp!
    BFP #1 3/27/07-M/C 8weeks 5/3/07 "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away." 2/4/13 IUI #1+trigger=BFP!!!  DD born Oct. 9, 2013 via c-sectionAnniversary

• imagebaby4us12:
    I'm not sure why people here are so rude. I am not immature, I'm just upset and reasonably so. I know that my parents can afford the trip for us, they just don't want to pay for it. We could pay for it ourselves but that isn't the point. They promised me this trip months ago and are now backing out on paying for it. It's my Valentine's gift so I should be able to pick what I want and not some second hand substitue. This is embarassing and upsetting for me, now when our friends ask about the trip we will have to tell them that we are no longer going and they'll probably think we were making the whole thing up. I just hate being lied to and that is just what they have done.

My advice, stop making up things! Pretty simple I think.

BFP #1 3/27/07-M/C 8weeks 5/3/07 "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away." 2/4/13 IUI #1+trigger=BFP!!!  DD born Oct. 9, 2013 via c-sectionAnniversary

• All I can hear in my head is Veruca Salt saying, "If I don't get what I'm after, I'm going to SCREAM."

You are one spoiled little brat. Waahhh, my mommy's only willing to send me to Cozumel. My husband and I have NEVER been on vacation, the entire 2 1/2 years we've been married. If my mom or my in-laws wanted to send me to Cozumel, I would thank them with tears in my eyes. Get over yourself.

• GTFOH........
  • imageGhostMonkey:

imagebaby4us12:
    I'm not sure why people here are so rude. I am not immature, I'm just upset and reasonably so. Wrong. Your response is quite unreasonable. I know that my parents can afford the trip for us, they just don't want to pay for it. Maybe because you are an ungrateful brat? Just a thought. We could pay for it ourselves but that isn't the point. They promised me this trip months ago and are now backing out on paying for it. It's my Valentine's gift so I should be able to pick what I want and not some second hand substitue. You never, ever get to dictate what someone gives you as a gift. This is embarassing and upsetting for me, now when our friends ask about the trip we will have to tell them that we are no longer going and they'll probably think we were making the whole thing up. Do they know mommy and daddy pay for the trip and foot your bills as well? I just hate being lied to and that is just what they have done.They changed their mind. Maybe they realized it was time for you to grow up and they should use that money on themselves instead of their irresponsible child.

GM - you summed up exactly what I was thinking on all those points.

oh, and the "they lied to me thing".... notice she used it on one of those previous threads about her DH wanting to put off TTC.   She also said she felt lied to on that one.   Grow up, brat.  People are allowed to change their minds.   I think next time, OP, you should have a your parents sign a letter stating that they will give you the vacation of your dreams and have it notarized.   That way you can sue when they break your contract.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • imagebaby4us12:
    I'm not sure why people here are so rude. I am not immature, I'm just upset and reasonably so. I know that my parents can afford the trip for us, they just don't want to pay for it. We could pay for it ourselves but that isn't the point. They promised me this trip months ago and are now backing out on paying for it. It's my Valentine's gift so I should be able to pick what I want and not some second hand substitue. This is embarassing and upsetting for me, now when our friends ask about the trip we will have to tell them that we are no longer going and they'll probably think we were making the whole thing up. I just hate being lied to and that is just what they have done.

It should be, but not for the reasons you listed.

• I had to stop when you said you get a trip for Valentine's Day from your parents.
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • ok this cant be real.... no I mean seriously this has to be a joke!

are you f*cking KIDDING me?????? wow wow wow.... speechless!

• I'm not embarrassed for our friends to know that my parents were sending us on that trip. Most of my friends also have support from their parents and help from them. I'm not sure where everyone is from but in our area its pretty common for parents to financially help out their children. Its not like I'm 30 years old and expecting my parents to still pay for things for me. I actually don't ask them for anything. The Valentine's gift is a yearly thing that they've always done. If they wanted to stop they could just have told me that from the beginning. Most of my friends get a lot more from their parents than I do, so I do not feel that I'm selfish at all.
  • I'm lucky if I get a small heart box of chocolates from my parents for Valentines Day. AND I'm super stoked if I do, because chocolate is delicious.
  • imagebaby4us12:
    I'm not embarrassed for our friends to know that my parents were sending us on that trip. Most of my friends also have support from their parents and help from them. I'm not sure where everyone is from but in our area its pretty common for parents to financially help out their children. Its not like I'm 30 years old and expecting my parents to still pay for things for me. I actually don't ask them for anything. The Valentine's gift is a yearly thing that they've always done. If they wanted to stop they could just have told me that from the beginning. Most of my friends get a lot more from their parents than I do, so I do not feel that I'm selfish at all.

You should just stop trying to explain yourself. There is nothing you can say that will make you sound like anything but a spoiled rotten brat. If my parents gave me a gift like that I would be so grateful. I can't even imagine reacting the way you are. Period.

• imageChancieMark:

imagebaby4us12:
    I'm not embarrassed for our friends to know that my parents were sending us on that trip. Most of my friends also have support from their parents and help from them. I'm not sure where everyone is from but in our area its pretty common for parents to financially help out their children. Its not like I'm 30 years old and expecting my parents to still pay for things for me. I actually don't ask them for anything. The Valentine's gift is a yearly thing that they've always done. If they wanted to stop they could just have told me that from the beginning. Most of my friends get a lot more from their parents than I do, so I do not feel that I'm selfish at all.

You and your friends sound like entitled twats.

And you sound jealous...
  • imagebaby4us12:

1.) Financially helping out and paying for elaborate vacations are two different things entirely. (and not even to mention they paid for your cruise LESS THAN A MONTH AGO!) You are ungrateful and selfish.

2.) The fact that you can actually type that out and not feel like a megatwat speaks for itself.

• imagebaby4us12:

WTF is wrong with you???? Do you know how lucky you are to have parents that can pay for a vacation for you at all???  u reallly need to not post here again and move on ......

• Seriously????? How old are you?! 

if you are old enough to be married and ttc then you are old enough to pay for your own vacation. and if your parents are fortunate enough to be able to pay for not only one but two trips for you and your dh than be greatful!

if my parents ever offered to give dh and i a vacation i would be kissing their feet however i would refuse their offer! dh and i are adults and can pay for our self! you should be taking your parents on a trip.

i dont even let my parents pay for lunch out of respect and gratitude for everything they have ever done for me!

you really need to rethink your priorities and grow up! spoiled whinny brat is not pretty on anyone and you really seem ugly right now. 

• imagebaby4us12:
    imageChancieMark:

imagebaby4us12:

You and your friends sound like entitled twats.

And you sound jealous...

Ha. Yes, I am sure Chancie is jealous. Don't we all wish we could be worthless and have our parents support us our whole adult lives?? And then cry about it when they cut you off? Very mature

ETA: Clarity

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"