Central Florida Babies
Options

Things to do in Brevard County area with a baby

Hi! I have a 6 month old baby girl and I live in southern Brevard County. I've recently left my job to be a SAHM for awhile. I'm not used to having this much time on my hands because I've always worked 40 hour work weeks. I really want to get out of the house at least a few times a week! Are there any places you can recommend that are baby friendly?

Does anyone else live in this area, too? 

BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
Married: Feb 2008
DD: June 2011
TTC# 2: April 2014
BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)

Re: Things to do in Brevard County area with a baby

• Options
    I live in the Cocoa area. I am due in June will also be a SAHM for a while. I can't answer your question (sorry) I have no idea either! I'll watch your thread to see if anyone posts with some suggestions!
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I live in Orange County, but am in Brevard county alot. I'd say the zoo is a great place to start..and maybe the library. Beaches are also available..and I'm sure there's museums and stuff like that. In Orange county I know they have storytelling for infants and it's free, I'm sure the Brevard county library have something like that.
    MeandMrsJones Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We've been to the zoo a couple of times and she's not really interested yet. They do have a really nice splash area, though, so when the weather is warmer we'll definitely try that. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Hi :) I live in South Brevard also. What area are you in? We go to the zoo regularly and also the park. My daughter loves the swings. I also take her to gymboree a couple times a week and when it gets warmer we go to the beach and pool. 
  • Options

Hi! I live in the Bayside Lakes community in southern Palm Bay. I was considering Gymboree, but I saw on the website that the 6-10 month classes meet during both of my daughters nap times, so I don't think it would work out. She naps around 9 am and 1 pm-ish. They have a music class that would work, but we already go to Music Together in downtown Melbourne once a week.

She's finally old enough to go to the beach and pool, but now the weather isn't right. I'll definitely take her to our community pool a lot once the water warms up. The little splash area at the Brevard Zoo looks fun, too!

Do you know of any local mom's groups that meet up together to do things? 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

We live close to each other :) I am about 5 minutes away from Bayside Lakes. I get together with a friend or two every once in a while if you're interested. You can email me at cribo2003 at yahoo.com and we can work something out. How do you like the Music Together? I haven't tried it yet?

• Options

There is a group called the "MOMS club of Melbourne"  It is actually a nationwide group, but each area has their own "local" group.  I am part of it and have met some moms there! Here is the website, https://momsclub.org/ .  From there you can get into the local groups site!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageBullita:

We live close to each other :) I am about 5 minutes away from Bayside Lakes. I get together with a friend or two every once in a while if you're interested. You can email me at cribo2003 at yahoo.com and we can work something out. How do you like the Music Together? I haven't tried it yet?

I haven't checked back here in awhile, sorry! My daughter really enjoys Music Together! I started taking her last fall when she was only 3 months old (just to get out of the house while I was on maternity leave) and we ended up returning for the winter session that just started because she really seems to enjoy it. If she's ever fussy, she will instantly smile if we sing her a song from there. The teacher is a very sweet lady. I highly recommend the class!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imageBgood8507:

There is a group called the "MOMS club of Melbourne"  It is actually a nationwide group, but each area has their own "local" group.  I am part of it and have met some moms there! Here is the website, https://momsclub.org/ .  From there you can get into the local groups site!

Thanks! I will check it out and I just saw your PM. :)

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"