South Florida Babies

Because things can never be easy....

I can't write about this on FB because it's something that's being kept under wraps for now.... 

So to add to the fact that my Mom is dying, today I find out that my Dad's prostate cancer came back and has not spread elsewhere. For the last 3 weeks my aunt has been fighting with the insurance company trying to get this medication approved that they want to put him on which has been proven super effective in eliminating it but they won't because it's expensive. It's $5100 a month.

My aunt told me tonight that she decided that they would pay for the medication for at least a month (they'll take it out of my cousin's college fund) and then go from there. They don't know how they'd get him to the chemo (which is the alt. to the pill) while my Mom is still "here" because she is always very aware of when he is or isn't there and lying to her probably wouldn't get very far. Her biggest fear of dying is leaving my Dad so her knowing this would only make the whole process for her more agonizing than it already is.  

Seriously, CANCER SUCKS.

TTC #1 May/June 2008
CP 7.19.08
Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
TTC #2
HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww

Re: Because things can never be easy....

• Oh Justine, I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through.  My heart breaks for you and your family.  I hope God gives you all the strength to keep the faith.  ::HUGS::
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My heart is breaking. 

Cancer is such a f*cking ***. I am praying for your family, Tine. 

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • :( I am so sorry, Justine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry :( Such a difficult situation. Lots of thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Cancer does suck. :( Will be praying for you and your family, Justine.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• There are no words... I am so sorry that you and your family have to deal with such a horrible situation. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• So sorry that you and your family are going through this :(  (((HUGS)))
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Justine, I am truly sorry for what you are going through and wish that we could all take it away.  i went through something similar where we lost our grandparents, an aunt, and a great aunt to cancer and other diseases all within a year or so.  It was the most difficult time we have ever experienced.  I was a teenager at that time, but I was very aware of what was happening.  It took me a long time to cope with the losses and I still get some anxiety about losing my parents or any loved one in that way. Cancer and insurance companies are both f****** b******!!!!! t
  • I'm so sorry, Justine :( This is so much to have to handle at once. 
    image image

• oh justine, i had no idea you where going through all this.  I'm so sorry that you and your family are having to handle all of this.  (((hugs)))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"