April 2012 Moms
Options

Used to be on April, now on Sept (U/S qn & clicky) - XP

Hey ladies,

I hope you don't mind me posting here. I posted this on Sept & 1st Tri, but I was hoping some of you (who I got to know for a few weeks) would be able to shed some light on this, and/or show me similar u/s photos of your own.

Can you take a look at this u/s and tell me what you see?

https://i39.tinypic.com/1m7uw.jpg

[poll]

And should I be worried that it said it's measuring "5w0d" but I am actually 5w6d?

Lastly, do you have any opinion on what that thing on the left is?

https://i39.tinypic.com/1jsw95.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
imageimage
imageimage

Re: Used to be on April, now on Sept (U/S qn & clicky) - XP

• Options

I don't know a whole lot but that's how my u/s looked at that stage. In fact, at 5 weeks, I don't even think there was a gest. sac for me... I could be wrong, but I do remember my first u/s there was nothing.at.all. Doctor had me going in weekly til we could confirm pregnancy. Needless to say, I wouldn't worry about the difference between 5w 0d and 5w 6d. Everything was all off for me from my LMP that my timing of things and where I was measuring was off by 1 1/2-2weeks and I had my period and when we conceived down to the day.

Anyways, don't stress and September is an awesome month!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i have no idea what i'm looking at, but chances are you may have ovulated later than you think. this would throw off your due date.
    we're you tracking your cycle or taking your temperature?

if i go by what i'm pretty sure was my ovulation date than i am really due 3-28. my ultrasounds have me due at 4-1, and my doc says 4-3. it's all a guess anyway.

good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagehey_little_bird:

i have no idea what i'm looking at, but chances are you may have ovulated later than you think. this would throw off your due date.
    we're you tracking your cycle or taking your temperature?

if i go by what i'm pretty sure was my ovulation date than i am really due 3-28. my ultrasounds have me due at 4-1, and my doc says 4-3. it's all a guess anyway.

good luck!

That's the tricky part. I was charting (chart link in siggy), and I've looked over it and I really don't think I could've ovulated later than I thought (making me less than 5w6d).

My OB gets back from vacation Monday, and she hasn't seen any of my betas or this ultrasound yet, but I plan on calling her on Monday and ask her opinion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagejuliane2004:

Hey ladies,

I hope you don't mind me posting here. I posted this on Sept & 1st Tri, but I was hoping some of you (who I got to know for a few weeks) would be able to shed some light on this, and/or show me similar u/s photos of your own.

Can you take a look at this u/s and tell me what you see?

https://i39.tinypic.com/1m7uw.jpg

[poll]

And should I be worried that it said it's measuring "5w0d" but I am actually 5w6d?

Lastly, do you have any opinion on what that thing on the left is?

https://i39.tinypic.com/1jsw95.jpg

I didn't vote in the poll, because I kinda suck at u/s pics.  I know it's hard, but try not to worry about measuring behind, at my first u/s (6w2d) there was only a gestational sac measuring 4w5d. A week later I had another u/s and we saw a hb. My little one gradually caught up and now he measures within a few days of my due date.

Also, I have a bunch of fibroids on my u/s and later on my dr. realized that a trans-vaginal u/s didn't give the best view of lo. I don't know if that may have contributed to why lo measured behind.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

• Options

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but this is my ultrasound from 5w1d pregnant:

My OB said she saw a gestational and yolk sac. 

I'm not very good at reading early ultrasounds so I can't answer your poll very accurately. 

• Options

FWIW, I knew our date of conception, and I ended up measuring 3 days behind it because I ovulated late...apparently you can ovulate up to 5 days late I think, so it could be possible you could be measuring that amount behind? 

I would just try not to worry too much until you see your doctor! 

IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
    BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
    BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

All I can see for sure is a gestational sac, but I have several pictures from an u/s around 6 1/2 weeks showing the GS, YS, and embryo, and it all looks different in each pic, so it's kind of hard to say. I was also measuring 3 days behind what I'd figured based on charting and the CBEFM at that point, but I've measured ahead since, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

eta: at 4 weeks, I had an u/s that just showed a gestational sac, and the sac was completely black inside, fwiw. It looks like there could be something in yours, but I can't tell what.

• Options
    I can't help with the U/S analysis, but I just wanted to say congrats on your BFP! I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.
  • Options
    I'm not great with u/s pictures - looks like SOMETHING is there, but idk what. I just wanted to let you know, too, that with this pregnancy, my first u/s looked a LOT like that. There was hardly anything there - just a yolk sac. No gestational sac or anything. And I was measuring JUST 5 weeks, when I SHOULD have been almost 6. I think it was the same exact measurements you should be at too. Honestly, I was freaked out at first. I told them I *could* have ovulated late, but i wasn't sure. They told me to come back in two weeks when there should be a heartbeat, and I did, and there was. I wouldn't worry about being a week "behind," things catch up! As long as your betas are doubling and no spotting or anything, you should be fine!!
  • Options

imagePinkSapphires:
    I can't help with the U/S analysis, but I just wanted to say congrats on your BFP! I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

This! :)

Congratulations! 

-----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • Options

Your U/S pic looks EXACTLY like mine did.  I was 5w4d and was measuring at exactly 5w.  There was only a ges. sac.  I charted, tempted, new when I ovulated, everything.  I was freaking out because I was behind in dates but the dr. wasn't concerned (he was only checking that early to make sure it was ectopic).  He said it looked normal for where I was supposed to be.  I went back at 7 weeks and there was more of a "blob" and a HB.

The thing on the left looks like a cyst/fibroids.  I had that as well and thought it was anther sac.  I asked the tech about it (she never said anything so it wasn't a concern apparently) and she told me it was a cyst and that it was very common to see this early in pregnancy and that it should go away.  It did.

I know how very nervous you must feel.  I HATED the 1st trimester because of my fears.  TRY (easier said that done) not to worry.  I think with me the dates started catching up around my 9th week (I had a u/s at weeks, 5, 7, 9, & 10).  GL to you!

And you might was to ask the ladies too on PgAL.  They pretty much all have had very early U/S and there are some very knowledgeable ladies on there too that could help you out. 

Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Unfortunately, I can't help with the u/s pictures, but I wanted to say congratulations!  We will be thinking of you.  Please keep us posted.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you're worried [which I'm guessing you are] I would wait a couple more weeks. I had an ultrasound at 5wks which showed just a gestational sac and they flat out told me I was having a miscarriage. Well here we are 5 months later and my baby is still alive and kicking [literally!]. It took until 6wks6days to see my baby just to give you a timeframe. :)
  • Options

imagemorganhamilton516:
    If you're worried [which I'm guessing you are] I would wait a couple more weeks. I had an ultrasound at 5wks which showed just a gestational sac and they flat out told me I was having a miscarriage. Well here we are 5 months later and my baby is still alive and kicking [literally!]. It took until 6wks6days to see my baby just to give you a timeframe. :)

I'm glad your baby is growing well :)

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagevsalt31:

Unfortunately, I can't help with the u/s pictures, but I wanted to say congratulations!  We will be thinking of you.  Please keep us posted.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    It is so early that it is hard to tell.  You didn't have a really good temp rise until day 14 so perhaps you ovulated a bit later than the first temp rise indicated?  All babies are different and it's so hard to tell early on.  I wish you the best and hoping for a happy and healthy 9 months for you!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagePinkSapphires:

I second this! 

• Options
    I definitely see the yolk sac inside the GS. CONGRATS, BTW!
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"