April 2012 Moms
Options

Shower favors

I need ideas for cute baby shower favors. I initially was leaning towards cute cookies in the shape of a baby's foot but those are a bit more expensive than I anticipated. We are inviting 68 people to our shower so I'd like to keep things as cost-effective as possible so my hostesses (mom and MIL) aren't overwhelmed. Any ideas?

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

Re: Shower favors

• Options

It's a little cheesy, but still kind of cute . . . . I've seen these "About to Pop" microwave popcorn bags.  It's something thoughtful and different that people will actually use, and it could be pretty cost effective if you have a lot of guests.

https://www.photoframesplus.com/19026-ka.html?gdftrk=gdfV22164_a_7c555_a_7c3729_a_7c19026_d_ka

• Options
    My SIL is making cake pops and then they are giving the compacts, link below. They are putting a tag on it that says 'see you in April!' love, Lillian. My mom was so excited when I saw her today she told me a bunch of details! 

When I threw my cousins shower, who is currently in labor now, we did a book theme since she reads a lot - like you- so we gave out book marks that were moons as favors. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My friend did rattles and pacis filled with pink and purple M&Ms
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Options
    You could do a more cost reasonable cookie cutter.  Places like Hobby Lobby and Michael's has things like carriages, teddy bears, etc for less than $1.
  • Options

what if you make the cookies yourself? We do our own sugar cookies all the time. The easiest is to do sprinkles before you bake them, then no icing! Micharls has a baby themed set. We did these for my shower, but made cookie bouquets as the center peices that someone won.

For my favours we did a "bun in the oven" bags that were filled with assorted mini muffind my mom made.

I can find a pic of the cookie CPs if you want. Let me know

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also bought bath and body works anti bac minis. I am also attaching it to a little bag of candy. I went during a sale and used a coupon too.
  • Options
    I love the personalized M&Ms...we did personalized candy for my bridal shower and mints for our wedding.  They didn't cost that much- we had about 75 at our wedding.
  • Options
    Thanks for the great ideas ladies!

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"