Breastfeeding
Options

Medela Hand Pump- no suction?

I pump one bottle each morning and my pump has no suction. I don't know what happened, it just happened suddenly. I took all the pieces off and put them back together. I know that the rubber part that goes in the handle has to be up and down and not sideways. Any other suggestions?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Medela Hand Pump- no suction?

• Options
    maybe you need a new membrane?
    Started TTC - 01/2009 1st BFP - 09/04/09,1st u/s - 10/06/09- no heartbeat seen, D&E - 10/13/09 BFP #2 - 2/12/10, m/c 2/17/10 BFP #3 - 01/03/11 m/c 01/10/11 BFP #4 - 02/21/11 DS born 10/13/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The same thing happened to me and it was two of the pieces we're fitting right and had come loose.  I can't remember exactly.   I think it was the part that you pump with your hand. 

Sorry I'm not more help.  It's been a few months. I know I was able to fix it though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It could be the membrane which is the tiny white circular thing that actually covers the hole where the milk goes into the bottle. Your pump should have come with some extras. If you don't know where they are, they're super inexpensive at places like Walmart. If that doesn't help, you may have a tiny hole in the rubber thing under the handle. I would take it apart and fill it up with water to see if it leaks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"