North Carolina Babies

worried for nothing?

I feel silly but I'm a paranoid FTM.  Over the past week, baby boy has been moving more often (I'm 36 1/2 wks) but today for the past 3 hours he has been frantically thrashing around.  Is this cause for alarm??  I know that if there's a noticeable decrease in movement to contact my doctor but I'm not sure about this. 

It's not just his normal pushes and rolls but hard and fast movements.  He'll kick/hit me hard down by my lady parts then all of a sudden up by my ribs and a jab to the side of my uterus - it's not only uncomfortable but painful at times.  I only just ate about 10min ago, so it's not like he's be on a food/sugar rush for the past couple hours. 

My doctor is on vacation and his voicemail gives me a number to a doctor on call for him - their after hours msg says to leave a message if "this is an emergency or if you are in labor"

Should I leave a message??  Or do I need to take a chill pill? 

Re: worried for nothing?

• If you're worried, I'd call and leave a message - that's what your dr is there for! GL, hopefully your LO is just having a hyper day! :)
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would call. If you feel like something could be wrong, its 100% worth asking. Your doctor won't mind, as PP said that's what they are there for! 

Update us when you hear!
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree, even if it's just to get the reassurance that all is well.  He's probably just in a mood :), but worth getting a dr. opinion if you're not feeling 100% ok about it.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Everything okay this morning?
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I waited another half hour and he calmed down (seemed to about when dinner digested).  He was still a mover for the rest of the night and today, but not the frantic movements before.  My OB office called today to confirm my regular appt on Monday and I asked the nurse about it.  She was going to pass along the info to my doc and he might monitor the baby a bit during my appt.  If it was a cause for concern I'm sure they'd have me in right away, so I feel better about it.

Let you know what happens Monday!  I am so ready for him to be born.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"