Austin Babies

Do you do thank you cards for holiday gifts?

The thought never crossed my mind, but now I'm wondering if I'm supposed to?

Re: Do you do thank you cards for holiday gifts?

• I send thank you notes for everything, but I think I'm in the minority these days.  DH's family thinks I'm crazy and frequently makes fun of me for sending them.  I just can't *not* send them.  Too engrained from too early an age.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Same... I send a thank you for any gift we get regardless of when it is.  I wasn't allowed to play with toys growing up until I wrote the thank you note! 
  • Loading the player...
  • It is something we do as well. I have them written out, but need t address them and send them still.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I only do thank you cards for gifts that I wasn't able to thank the giver in person.  Usually for the holidays, that means I don't have to write many/any.  If someone sends a gift in the mail or has someone else bring a gift to a party that they were able to attend, then I definitely do. 

exception being wedding/baby showers - I still sent thank yous even though everyone saw me open the gift and I thanked them there.  

image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If I do not open a gift in front of the giver, I send a thank you note.  Example: a close friend who lives in Houston sent me a gift, I mailed her a thank you note.

I don't send thank you notes to my immediate family (parents, brother + his family), since I open the gifts in front of them and thank them in person.

There are a few exceptions to these guidelines for me, but that's my usual.

• imageMrs.Purdue:

I only do thank you cards for gifts that I wasn't able to thank the giver in person.  Usually for the holidays, that means I don't have to write many/any.  If someone sends a gift in the mail or has someone else bring a gift to a party that they were able to attend, then I definitely do. 

exception being wedding/baby showers - I still sent thank yous even though everyone saw me open the gift and I thanked them there.  

this

• imageChandley:
    imageMrs.Purdue:

I only do thank you cards for gifts that I wasn't able to thank the giver in person.  Usually for the holidays, that means I don't have to write many/any.  If someone sends a gift in the mail or has someone else bring a gift to a party that they were able to attend, then I definitely do. 

Me, too.

this

• imagekiarox2002:
    I send thank you notes for everything, but I think I'm in the minority these days.  DH's family thinks I'm crazy and frequently makes fun of me for sending them.  I just can't *not* send them.  Too engrained from too early an age.

Every word of this. I send thank yous any time I get a gift. 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebabymillie:
    Same... I send a thank you for any gift we get regardless of when it is.  I wasn't allowed to play with toys growing up until I wrote the thank you note! 

Me either!  And, mean mommy alert, I think I'm going to do the same thing to Kate.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"