April 2012 Moms
Options

Clicky Poll: 3rd Trimester

I only ask this question as I am about to hit 27 weeks on Sunday and would love to share my excitement with family over being in the 3rd Tri!!!  The majority of google answers said 27 weeks.

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clicky Poll: 3rd Trimester

• Options
    I did a poll for this on Monday :) And I chose SS for 26 weeks and 3 days.
  • Options
    I always figured 28 weeks, but when I saw my doctor at 24 weeks, she said I was at the start of my third trimester.  I'm not sure how she figured that, but okay, I'll take it.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It starts anywhere you feel like starting it from 26 weeks onward.  There's nothing magical about a date that starts the third tri, as you can see even doctors and mathmaticians can't agree on it so pick the date you like and go with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagenikki.rzez:
    I did a poll for this on Monday :) And I chose SS for 26 weeks and 3 days.

Blurg!! Sorry, I am off on Mondays and don't keep up with the bump too much that day!! Thanks!

• Options

imageDO-JO:
    It starts anywhere you feel like starting it from 26 weeks onward.  There's nothing magical about a date that starts the third tri, as you can see even doctors and mathmaticians can't agree on it so pick the date you like and go with it.

What? I thought that when you hit the 3rd Trimester unicorns and puppies would come out of my vag?  No?  Stick out tongue

• Options

imageMarxieVonTrapp:
    I always figured 28 weeks, but when I saw my doctor at 24 weeks, she said I was at the start of my third trimester.  I'm not sure how she figured that, but okay, I'll take it.

My MW said the same thing.  The wheel she showed me has ten lunar months.  The first three (12 weeks) are trimester 1, the next three (12 weeks) are trimester 2, and the last four "months" (16 weeks) are trimester 3.  She said that it's divided that way based on stage of development.  From 24-40 weeks, the baby's just fattening up and preparing its lungs and stuff.   

Belly Dweller: EDD 04/22/2014
    Big Boy: Born 05/2012
  • Options
    I asked my doc on Tuesday at my appointment, and she said 27 weeks, which made me happy!
    IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
    BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
    BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"