Austin Babies

I think we're done breastfeeding.

Deep breaths.  I am going to be ok.

A has been BF'ing briefly at night for about a week or so, but in the mornings she would eat for about 10 minutes at least.  In the past couple of days and this morning she barely ate for two minutes.  She loves sitting with me, it's just that she wants to play and she'd rather have her sippy. 

I guess I had these thoughts of BF'ing once or twice a day until she was 2.  I don't know why.  But, if she doesn't want it, I'm not going to push it... and I feel somewhat ok with it.  I am just pretty sad that this part of our relationship is over.

Wah wah wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

Re: I think we're done breastfeeding.

• deep breaths.  innnn.... outttt....

this doesnt mean something is just over, it means a new part of your relationship is starting too.

(and i approve your spelling of the trombone sound)

• Many (((hugs))) for you. I've been there, and it's truly bittersweet.

Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Awww, big hugs. I'm sorry. I feel like weaning is such an emotional thing!! You've done an awesome, amazing, fantastic job going this long and if she's telling you she's done, that's so great!

I'd say let her do what she wants in terms of length of nursing session and as she tapers off you might even have days you do and days you don't.....I think if you do it gradually like that, you won't have to worry about the physical pains of weaning.

I still feel some regret/guilt/sadness over how I had to wean DS (because he was absolutely not ready), even though I can also honestly say, I had no other choice. I simply couldn't keep going with the nausea, vomiting, breast pain--supporting three lives plus mine was just a bit much! Letting our babies go to the next stage is HARD!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageL L CG:

I guess I had these thoughts of BF'ing once or twice a day until she was 2.  I don't know why.  But, if she doesn't want it, I'm not going to push it... and I feel somewhat ok with it.

This is what happened w/ both of my boys. I was all ready to bf through 2 years OR until they gave indications that they were done. They were done w/ it long before I was  :(

Ditto Mollie, there are so many great ways to love and bond w/ your daughter- the best is yet to come!

• imagemolliedb:

deep breaths.  innnn.... outttt....

this doesnt mean something is just over, it means a new part of your relationship is starting too.

(and i approve your spelling of the trombone sound)

Yup. I was so so so sad when DD weaned, but it just opened a new chapter. i still do bed time with her every single night and it's so much more fun now that we can make eye contact and play peek a boo and cuddle. It's also opened up flexibility in my schedule and also allows DH to help out a bit more with the parenting responsibilities.

I won't like. It sucked and I cried. But I moved on pretty quickly and love our relationship now even more and look back on that first year as a major, MAJOR accomplishment. 

Way to go mama! Congratulations - pat yourself on the back and give you bebe a big hug. You made it so far!! 

• I was very sad when Steven didn't want to nurse anymore.  I know what you're feeling, hon.

((hugs))

• hang in there dearie!  Left Hug
  • Lots of hugs to you. It is hard and it is sad to see them growing up and wanting to hold onto what seems like the last piece of babyhood. Congrats for making it this long! Pumping is hard work!

The up side is getting your boobs back to yourself and libido (at least that was the case for me). Stick out tongue

• Lots of hugs to you!  I don't know what you're going through yet, but I have been dreading weaning since we finally mastered BFing at about 8 weeks.  You made it so long, that is wonderful!  Like PP said, maybe she will want to nurse some days and not others and the weaning will be gradual. 

(I also approve of your sad trombone spelling :-)). 

• I'm so dreading the day we are done as well :(. You made it past a year, so a big congratulations to you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • *hugs*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"