Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How long is your 1 month old up after feeding?

Typically, how long does your LO stay awake for after they eat?  I'm having a tough time getting a read on my LO when it comes to nap time.  I can't tell if he needs more awake time or if he gets way to overstimulated then goes into shut down mode making it impossible to put him down for a nap.  I try to watch for his cues, yawning, fussing, rubbing eyes.  But he still fights sleep so bad so I'm wondering if I need to put him down before he begins to get fussy?  Ah if only they came with a handbook! TIA!
image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How long is your 1 month old up after feeding?

• Options

It depends on the time of day. These are all super estimates, there is no way it's exactly the same everyday.

Up at 5am to eat.

Asleep by 6-630.

Wakes at 8am and eats.

Takes about an hour nap from 10-11am and eats at 11-1130.

Then she'll pretty much be awake until her next feeding usually around 3.

After that she's out until her next feeding at 6ish, then back to sleep until 9ish.

Then she'll be awake until about 11, eat, and be out until 5.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DJ usually stays up for a few hours in the morning and again in the afternoon and late evening with a few half to one hour awake spurts here and there during the wee morning hours.  He does not like the easy method and likes to be awake then eat then sleep.  We tried to switch him up and do eat then awake and he fought us and went to sleep anyways so I let him pace his own schedule.
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"