North Carolina Babies

Struggling with boy name

I'm struggling with narrowing down our name choices, especially now that DH added 2 more to the list.  Any thoughts on what sounds good with Natalie and Claire?  Andrew is a play on my FIL's name (Andre) and Richard is a play on my dad's name (Rick).  DH insists on having his dad's "name" incorporated in some fashion.

[poll]

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Struggling with boy name

• We could NOT decide on a name, even though we both liked Cameron, we weren't 100% and Gavin was my choice and everyone talked me out of it (now I am glad they did because it doesn't fit DS), and Ethan was on our list, all are very popular names. I wanted his first name to be Wesley, but we agreed on that for a middle name.  I had the best help from all the nurses on staff since obviously they see 100's of babies a week and know what names are used frequently, I think I asked every nurse I saw and they were all very excited to help. I seriously waited until they came to get the birth certificate to decide! Good luck!

I voted for Tyler!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I vote for Evan Andrew - but I am a little biased :-p  I have two little brothers named Evan and Andrew :)

• Loading the player...
  • What about Liam Andrew? :) j/k

I like them all, but I voted for Ethan. Somehow it sounds better with Andrew to me than Evan. I think my second choice would be Tyler, or Andrew Richard. But neither of your girls go by nicknames, so I'd see him more as a Ethan or Tyler than a Drew.

GL with your decision! :) 

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I voted for Andrew Richard. The other names are so popular right now. I know several Ethans, Evans and Gavins, but no Drews.
  • I like Ethan, Tyler, and Andrew.  And I agree that since your girls don't go by nicknames/shortened names Ethan and Tyler would be better.  If we have another boy, I think we will be naming the baby as it enters the world. LOL
  • I like Andrew Richard the best, especially when I put it with your last name. It just sounds right to me. :) I honestly don't see why it would matter if Natalie and Claire don't use nicknames.... you can still use a nickname for baby boy if you want.
  • imageECUGirl2004:
    I like Andrew Richard the best, especially when I put it with your last name. It just sounds right to me. :) I honestly don't see why it would matter if Natalie and Claire don't use nicknames.... you can still use a nickname for baby boy if you want.

I agree! Andrew is my favorite, I think it sounds great with everything else. I'm not such a fan of nicknames (not sure why, but mostly not my style I guess) so I like Andrew much better than Drew.  

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • I vote for Evan but I also like Tyler for your family.  I think they both go well with Natalie and Claire.
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I voted for Andrew because I think it sounds nice as a little kid and a big kid/adult name and I think it sounds nice with your last name. Even if you shorten it it flows nicely. Write it out like you would on a Christmas card and see which one looks and sounds best! Then try yelling each of them to hear which one will sound the best when you yell at him to stop climbing on the furniture.
  • Thanks gals.  We won't make our final decision until he arrives but I'm hoping to narrow it down to at least only 3 by then.  I keep going back and forth on them. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageSalisburyBride:
    Then try yelling each of them to hear which one will sound the best when you yell at him to stop climbing on the furniture.

Ha! My sister keeps doing that in trying to pick a name for her 5th!!! She yells out all the kids name in a row and sees how X names sounds. :) It's so funny to me!  

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"