1st Trimester

Anyone else feel their stomach stretch?

At times I get this feeling in my stomach like I have done too many sit-ups (which is not a possibility for me since I have not exercised in weeks).  I am just shy of 10 weeks and I know things are stretching but the feeling is so weird.  Anyone else?  If I am alone on this I?ll call the doctor first thing tomorrow!

Re: Anyone else feel their stomach stretch?

• I can already feel the stretching! 
    DD #1 Amber Lynn 12/2000, DD #2 Leia Elizabeth 6/2009, DD#3 Aayla Ruth 08/2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If I stretch my abs feel tight, almost sore like you were saying. Kind of a weird feeling, but I think I've seen other people post similar feelings so I think it's normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh wow! I logged on to ask the same question. I've been waiting a couple of days because I thought that it might be a stupid question. Sooooo glad I'm not alone. I'm only 5 weeks 3 days, so I thought that the feeling of stretching might be too soon. But you are exactly right, it's like a feeling of doing too many sit-ups. I'm technically overweight, so I didn't expect to see any changes soon. But without any weight gain, I am totally bloated and sore. Oh... Just so glad this wasn't just me! Thanks for posting. :)  
  • I have that horrible 'round ligament pain' everyone talks about. It's not so much stretching...but it's this split second knifing pain that happens when you make any sudden movements. It's horrific. It's only saving grace is that it lasts only a second. I really hate it though.
    BFP#1 10.03.11| Chemical Pregnancy 10.11.11.
    BFP#2 11.13.11| diag@13wks T21/Cystic Hygroma/Hydrops | D&C 1.24.12
    BFP#3 12.13.12| HR 174 | Materni21 - All Chromosomes Normal! | EDD 8.25.13
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
  • imageLWilson82:
    I have that horrible 'round ligament pain' everyone talks about. It's not so much stretching...but it's this split second knifing pain that happens when you make any sudden movements. It's horrific. It's only saving grace is that it lasts only a second. I really hate it though.

I get the same thing. But I recognized the feeling from when I was KU with DS. So I knew what it was (Not a feeling you forget!)  Although Im getting it way sooner then I did with DS.

~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • Ok I feel better too I'm about 4 1/2 weeks and I Started feeling like my stomach was tighter but I thought it as my imagination!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes! My abs feel SO sore when I get up in the a.m....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Absolutely! Definitely a weird feeling...
  •  I (and my husband) have been thinking I'm nuts because my abs are so sore. I've been thinking I'm not "pregnant enough" to be experiencing anything like this. Glad to know I'm not entirely insane...

@ericanddeborah, we're due the same day Smile

• imageLWilson82:
    I have that horrible 'round ligament pain' everyone talks about. It's not so much stretching...but it's this split second knifing pain that happens when you make any sudden movements. It's horrific. It's only saving grace is that it lasts only a second. I really hate it though.
    me too! I noticed it from when I was preg. w/ DD when I was preg. w/ DS and I thought at the beginning of my 2nd tri it was to soon and now this time around I've been having it for almost a week. I've been pretty uncomfortable for the last few days.
  • I had that feeling yesterday morning when I woke up and I am only 5 weeks. Felt like I did sit ups all night in my sleep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"