Georgia Babies
Options

Hitting

Any advice?  Mia is hitting us a lot, mostly when she's told no or when we're trying to ignore her tantrums. Time out isn't really sinking in just yet, so it's just a lot of "no" and rinse, repeat.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hitting

• Options
    Not sure what the preferred, correct response is to this, but what if you said "Ow" really loudly and then made like you were going to cry? Like she's hurt you or something. Would that do anything to her?
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

i'm workng on this with cooper...he is constantly hitting Jax.  (watch out big brother)

but with jax i started out with saying No!, be nice, blah blah.  But then I would grab his hands and hold them and say no, we don't hit.  occasionally i would spank (yes, i'm a spanker) but i felt like that was being hypocritical.   he hated when i held his hands like that so i think that helped a lot.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    riley is a hitter, still is, the kid came out swinging though...anyway, the thing that worked with Finn and what at least gets Riley to stop hitting temporarily is like what stacie said, hold his hands and say "no hitting, we don't hit". 
  • Options

imagemyrall:
    Not sure what the preferred, correct response is to this, but what if you said "Ow" really loudly and then made like you were going to cry? Like she's hurt you or something. Would that do anything to her?

Tried that, and she started laughing.  Argh.

EDD 12/24/15

• Options
    We went from biting to hitting. And typically it's when we tell him no or during a tantrum as well. We've tried to ignore it, but honestly it keeps happening so I try to stop MJD mid hit, I can typically see it coming.  Other times when he comes out of no where we are doing the same, grabbing the hand and saying no hit.  Typically just pisses him off more - ugh! 
  • Options
    imageDaisygirl613:

i'm workng on this with cooper...he is constantly hitting Jax.  (watch out big brother)

but with jax i started out with saying No!, be nice, blah blah.  But then I would grab his hands and hold them and say no, we don't hit.  occasionally i would spank (yes, i'm a spanker) but i felt like that was being hypocritical.   he hated when i held his hands like that so i think that helped a lot.  

Thanks - I will try that!

EDD 12/24/15

• Options
    Wes is doing this now to Nate.  But a part of me is beat Nate's bootie because he is being mean to you.  But we are correcting it.  I say "Wes no hits.  We give hugs and kisses".  Then Wes will stop and give his brother a hug.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"