April 2012 Moms
Options

low pressure/pain

So on Friday afternoon I felt alot of pressure on my lower left side. I jokingly told DH that our LO was trying to escape! Well this pain has persisted getting worse on Sunday night, after being out and about with family. I couldn't even get myself out of the bath that night. Yesterday I woke up and the second my feet hit the floor the pain came back strong as ever. I called the On call in my Dr. office. His advice..."I highly doubt you are in preterm labor, but if it makes you feel better go to L &D" I don't need peace of mind!! I need the damn pain to go away. I rested up and stayed off my feet. I was feeling some what better but still felt the pressure when I tried to walk, or even roll over. When I woke up today the pressure/pain is still there!!

Any suggestions??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: low pressure/pain

• Options

I've had a bit of pressure, but not associated with pain, although I have had RLP a few times and it hurts, but def. wouldn't last more than a few hours...

I probably would go to L&D just to have peace of mind myself...although I hate going in unless I REALLY need too, if it's still persisting and is with pain I think I'd go in...can your Dr. see you at all though?

• Options

Sounds like it could be this

Read more here.

I hope you aren't in it, but if you are, welcome to my club.

-----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OH NO!! it sounds exactly like that?!?! what has your doc done for you?
  • Options
    imagesoftskate31:

imageMLWCDW:
    OH NO!! it sounds exactly like that?!?! what has your doc done for you?

I went to physical therapy for a few weeks to learn stretches, how to change my posture to help it, and just dealt with the pain (tylenol helps a bit too).  Sitting to get pants on, not spreading your legs too far apart, taking the stairs on step at a time (old people style) and rest help not make more pain.  I have heard of hip belts, but the PT said they don't help much.

I had this with my 1st pregnancy for the last 2 months. This time it started with 4 months to go. It sucks and is VERY painful. With 1st pregnancy I did a lot of therapy but it DID NOT work. Tylenol with Codene which also wasn't too helpful. I just had to wait and be careful about my movements (which was kind of impossible). Sorry I don't have any advice. No idea what will happen with this pregnancy. Just playing the waiting game :(

-----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"