January 2012 Moms
Options

Similar to mom/sister?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Similar to mom/sister?

• Options
    Meh...I'm not sure I buy it. My mom went past her due date with me and had a pretty long labor. I had DS1 at 38 weeks and only had  about an 8 hour labor, so we did not have the same experience. She also had PIH, which I haven't had either time. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So far we have been nothing alike.  She got pregnant right away where I needed Clomid.  I really hope labor is alike, she was two weeks early with my brother and I and had 6 hour labors from start to finish!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options

my first was the complete opposite of my mom's.

this one is looking to be much like my first

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My mom went a couple weeks overdue with me and was in labor 27 hours.  I had my daughter one day early and had labor for 7 hours.  So not in our case!

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Options
    I'm hoping for the relatively short labors that both my mom and sister had!
  • Options
    DOn't know about inductions but both my labors and deliveries have been very similar to my mom's and also baby size. We also were able to get pregnant easily. So, I actually think that it does play a role but that's just been my experience. 
    image image

• Options

just because your mom and your sisters Dr chose to induce them doesnt mean you need to be induced. Big Smile

Now, if at 42 weeks your placentea degrades, or baby appears to be in distress, thats different. Then maybe induce. But why worry about it unless it happens? If you want to be induced, go for it, otherwise, ignore your mother and your sisters experience regarding induction because there are sooooo many reasons it could have happened.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Options
    My mom had both my sister and I about a week after our due date, and I was convinced I would be the same.  I was really surprised to go into labor with DS one week before his due date.
  • Options

My Bradley instructor said you're more likely to have a birth expierence similar to a sister than to a mother but that doesn't mean that you will.  I have no expierence as this is my first and my sister swears she's not having kids.

My mom had both me and my sister vaginally, me with pain killers and sis without.  Her sister, my aunt, ended up with a c/s for my cousin and then a repeat c/s for my other cousin (they didn't do VBACS at that time).

I think every woman and every pregnancy and baby are different so no two labors will ever be exactly alike.  You may have a labor/delivery similar to that of your mother or sister but it will be different in many aspects as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can't speak for myself yet, but my sisters have had completely different births for all their children and for their first they both ended up having to get C-sections which my mom had all vaginal deliveries for the 3 of us.  I wouldn't buy into it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"