Parenting
Options

Who here has DCs who just can not stay up??

My boys crave routine. They are up every morning by 6:30 am and are promptly in bed between 7:30 - 8. They ask to go to bed. I would have loved to have had a late night with them, but no way! They just couldn't make it. 

Re: Who here has DCs who just can not stay up??

• Options
    I would not even try to keep mine up.
  • Options
    imagelsufan:
    I would not even try to keep mine up.
    ditto, I put mine to bed around 830. Which is an hour and a half later than normal. They love their routine and go to bed easily when the routine is followed. For that reason alone I try not to mess with it too much. :) DH and I are having a nice quiet night together, 18 more min and I can go to bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Didn't try to keep mine up.  They went to bed at 7:30 and were exhausted from a day on the beach.  Friends invited us over, kids and all and I declined becuase I told her my kids go to bed early.  She said...But it's New Year's Eve....My response...I don't care...I am not keeping my kids up til midnight.  My New Years Day will be a disaster if my kids are up late:)  Happy new year.

I didn't even stay up til midnight.  Pregnant and asleep by 9:30...we are a barrel of fun over here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Nooooo way. I wouldn't even attempt to keep my DD up. When it comes to bed, she craves routine.  If I put her to bed even 45 minutes late, I swear to you she gets up an hour EARLY in the morning.  If she goes to bed late, it almost appears to be a crappy restless sleep for her (talks more, even might call me in the middle of the night for silly stuff). I can't imagine midnight. She'd probably get me up at 4am.  Heck, I struggled to stay up.

Plus, she's sick. When she's a smidge older and wants to stay up, I will absolutely let her on NYE.

E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    It would be totally mean to keep my kids up.  They would be a disaster today.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ds stayed up until 9:15 which is late for him, but that's because he took a 2.5 hour nap after an exhausting morning spent at the gym, breakfast and a bounce house place. I did get him to stay up late to watch fireworks on the 4th and he did great because we had friend's kids with us and because he got a long nap earlier that day too. I see zero reason to keep him up for NYE (I was asleep by 11:30 myself). It's 8am and he's still snoozing. 
  • Options
    We've done it before.  DH had to be up at 4 am for work, so we stuck to our normal routine.  We didn't even tell the kids it was NYE.  I even got up at 5:30 and ran 3 miles!
  • Options
    DS was up until 11, which is CRAZY for him. I have posted many times about what a routine oriented kid he is, and how he does very badly when up too late (he is usually asleep by 7:30). Generally he is a disaster if up past his bedtime, nd wakes earlier in the morning.

Last night we went out to dinner with a big group of friends while all the kids had a pajama party with some sitters at our friends house. We got back a little before 11.. Half the kids were asleep, the other half, including H, was still up and crazy. I wasn't too surprised since he is like me and can't fall asleep anywhere but his own bed. What i am truly and utterly shocked by is that he is currently still asleep at 8:30. This is literally the latest he has ever slept in his life. Maybe he is turning a corner and it won't be such a disaster to do these really late nights a few times a year....
  • Options
    Mine!  DH and I were just talking about this.  Once in awhile, they are fine with a late night (had a few with traveling for the holidays).  But by late, I mean 9:00 when they are usually in bed by 8.  They rarely sleep in, so the day after a late night is always rough.  We don't even try to keep them up most of the time!
    Gavin - 12.05.06 and Molly - 10.22.08
    imageimage
    my read shelf:
    Emily's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

I had to drag my kids home kicking and screaming at 11pm last night, they would have had no problem making it to midnight, but Mommy wanted some kid free time when the ball dropped.

Honestly though, I was pretty surprised that they were still up and going. We were at a party though with tons of other kids, I'm guessing that if we were home alone that Alyssa would have been begging to go to bed like usual. 

ETA: My kids were probably asleep by 11:30 last night and then not up until 9am this morning and are perfectly pleasant, so reading this post I realize my kids are not the norm LOL 

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"