Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

times like these I'm glad DD sleeps in my room/bed

First baby Lisa Irwin (only minutes from where I live) and now baby Ayla Reynolds (close to where I grew up)...I just can't believe all these babies disappearing from their beds. I know it's likely the parents' fault, but it is just heartbreaking.

Everyone is saying this is happening because Casey Anthony got off....what do you think?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: times like these I'm glad DD sleeps in my room/bed

• Options
    I haven't heard of either of these, but yeah.. that sounds so terrifying. I could not imagine.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    It doesn't worry me even a little bit because I'm 100% sure either the parents had something to do with it or some unsavory character they associated with caused the child to disappear.  It makes me sad for the babies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagegreengirl0909:
    It doesn't worry me even a little bit because I'm 100% sure either the parents had something to do with it or some unsavory character they associated with caused the child to disappear.  It makes me sad for the babies.

This.  DD sleeps in bed with us, but even so, there is no way someone could enter our house and take her without me hearing something.

• Options

My daughter sleeps in my room due to the fact that the two of us live with my parents. I never sleep at night because of things like this. My daughters father is not involved and this scares me. I know that no one can walk past our house with out the dog going crazy but it still doesnt make me feel any better.

I pray to god that both babies are safe, I couldnt even imagine this happening to my family.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made it past my goal I nursed for 1 year and 6 weeks! Im so proud of myself!
  • Options
    It's terribly scary.  This is why we lock our doors and also why I love our dog even more.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagenewenglandmomm:

My daughter sleeps in my room due to the fact that the two of us live with my parents. I never sleep at night because of things like this. My daughters father is not involved and this scares me. I know that no one can walk past our house with out the dog going crazy but it still doesnt make me feel any better.

I pray to god that both babies are safe, I couldnt even imagine this happening to my family.

Same here.

With the Ayla Reynolds case, with the baby disappearing from the dad's house...makes me so scared for when DD starts overnights with her dad. At least it'll be supervised by his family.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

image*Kingston*:
    It's terribly scary.  This is why we lock our doors and also why I love our dog even more.

This right here. My dogs make me feel so safe.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageLoisLane23:
    I sleep fine at night with my child in another room.

this.

I am a sane parent who doesn't assoicate myself with sketchy people.   I have no reason to live in fear that someone will break into my house and steal my child.   Yes, it happens to perfect strangers...but most of the time it is not a stranger but instead someone who knows the family or is related. 

My child sleeps happily in his own room across the hall.  I can hear everything that goes on in there because I still use the monitor. 

I just don't live in that much fear of things.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Both of my boys sleep in their own rooms in their own beds.  That said, we have ADT and set the alarm every night before going to bed.  We also own firearms.  If someone comes into our home, they will quickly realize they picked the WRONG house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
  • Options
    imageMom2Oli:

imageLoisLane23:
    me too. Other parents hurting their children doesn't put a check in the pro column for bed sharing. If a stranger with a gun enters your house, do you think your bed or a child's own bed in a different room would make a difference?

Yup.  What she said.

• Options
    imageMrsSR:

imagegreengirl0909:

This.  DD sleeps in bed with us, but even so, there is no way someone could enter our house and take her without me hearing something.

My sister used to live with us, and she would come home from her shift at 11:30 pm and I sometimes would sleep right through her coming into the house, using the bathroom right across from our room, and getting a glass of water before going to bed. It freaks me out that I can sleep through that. My husband hears more at night than I do, but if it's just me, I think a person could rob us blind and I wouldn't know until morning. So yeah, I worry a little bit. But then, I also watch too many episodes of criminal minds which adds to the paranoia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageabartow:

imageLoisLane23:

this.

I am a sane parent who doesn't assoicate myself with sketchy people.   I have no reason to live in fear that someone will break into my house and steal my child.   Yes, it happens to perfect strangers...but most of the time it is not a stranger but instead someone who knows the family or is related. 

My child sleeps happily in his own room across the hall.  I can hear everything that goes on in there because I still use the monitor. 

I just don't live in that much fear of things.

Yup
  • Options
    This is why we own a gun.  If someone is in my house without my permission, in the state of FL, he/she will wish he never came in.
  • Options
    imagemainerocks:
    imageAshleyMichelle06:

First baby Lisa Irwin (only minutes from where I live) and now baby Ayla Reynolds (close to where I grew up)...I just can't believe all these babies disappearing from their beds. I know it's likely the parents' fault, but it is just heartbreaking.

Everyone is saying this is happening because Casey Anthony got off....what do you think?

That's close to where I grew up too! 

Me too!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageBeanie_mrt:

We have an alarm system that triggers for all the doors and windows, both opening and breaking, that will send the police and fire department immediately, without calling us first.  We also have a dog who thinks he's the head of the neighborhood watch brigade. 

It would be difficult, at best, for someone to take my kid from his room without me, my husband or my dog, knowing it.

This made me LOL.  My dog is the same way!

BabyModel$$ Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We don't own any guns, we don't have an alarm, and we don't have a dog. And both of our kids sleep in their own rooms.

We must really be asking for it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"