Babies: 0 - 3 Months

What formula are you feeding baby?

Hi, I haven't written on here in a while.  I had my second child 7 weeks ago and have only breast fed him.  I am going back to work in two weeks and will be needing to have a back up of formula just in case.  I want him to try it a few times before he goes to make sure there is no reaction.  With our first baby we did enfamil premium but there has been information in the news about bacteria in the powder formula.  

Which formula are you using with your babies?  

Re: What formula are you feeding baby?

• The FDA has confirmed that the formula has not been the cause of any infant deaths.  That said, do yourself a favor and use a generic!  We used Up & Up and saved a ton.  The nutrients are the same but the binding agents can differ so not every kid will tolerate every formula and the same holds true for generics but it's worth trying.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• We had great luck with Parent's Choice (walmart) "Gentle" powder formula with our first two kiddos. With our third (he's 5 days old) we started him on Enfamil at the hospital and just tried to switch him over to Parent's Choice last night and it did NOT go well :( so we are continuing with the Enfamil.

https://www.q13fox.com/news/ct-biz-1231-mead-johnson-20111231,0,4785050.story?track=rss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • DS is on the target brand (up&up) and it's going great, no issues at all. and like pp said it's way cheaper!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are using similac - the gas and fussiness one.  We are only using it for supplementing at night so DH can feed DS since I am not pumping quite enough yet.  This formula seems to be going well so far for us! 
  • imageelmoali:
    The FDA has confirmed that the formula has not been the cause of any infant deaths.  That said, do yourself a favor and use a generic!  We used Up & Up and saved a ton.  The nutrients are the same but the binding agents can differ so not every kid will tolerate every formula and the same holds true for generics but it's worth trying.

This. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Ladies, whichgeneroc  is the closest to Enfamil Premium??
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks for your help ladies!  Congrats to everyone on their new babies!

• imagekclear:
    DS is on the target brand (up&up) and it's going great, no issues at all. and like pp said it's way cheaper!

We use targets up &up the one compared to Similac advance 

• imageJ&JSuiter070205:
    Ladies, whichgeneroc  is the closest to Enfamil Premium??

We went from Enfamil Premium to Up & Up (Target) in the container with the blue lettering.  Before that we had used BJs brand but they stopped making the "like Enfamil" version. 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Good start gentle- if you have a sams club, it is much cheaper there. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Costco Kirkland's brand. Formula is regulated by the FDA, so they should be pretty similar.
    "Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark." -George Iles
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FYI:  Parent's Choice, Kirkland, Target, CVS, Bright Beginnings, maybe more are all the exact same formula.  They are all produced by PBM nutritionals.  If you check the back of the container, it will say PBM.

It amazed me how the prices were so different in different stores.  I got 36 oz of the gentle version for $16.50 from Target (on sale, with a coupon) and Wal-mart had it for 23.2 oz for $14.88 so I would definitely shop around for prices/sales at each place.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • we were using Enfamil Infant formula and now have switched to the Babies R Us brand "gentle". It's compared to the Enfamil Gentlease for fussiness and gas. It works great, is way cheaper :-) and there is no more spit up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"