Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Starting Solids..Bottle first or cereal?

When you feed LO rice cereal do you give them the bottle first or the cereal? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Starting Solids..Bottle first or cereal?

• Options
    I nurse but have been told at this age that milk or formula always come first to solids. Not sure when it changes though.

• Options

imagejmo866:
    I nurse but have been told at this age that milk or formula always come first to solids. Not sure when it changes though.

This, the pedi said the milk is for nutrition, the cereal is for "practice" and he didn't want LO filling up on solids before getting his BM.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we tend to Bf first then solids then bf again if he is still wanting more or I simply give him a little water to "wash" it down
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've always heard bottle first then solids but when we went to my LO's 6 month well check the pediatrician told us to do solids first.  I'm not sure why.  So we've been doing that so far this week and honestly - I don't think it really matters much.  She only eats a little cereal and then she is done and wants milk.  I think if it got to where she was preferring the solids over the breastmilk then we'd change but so far this is working well for us to get her to try the solids while she's still a little more hungry.  :)

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My pedi told me bottle first, wait a half hr, then solids in the begining.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    My pedi told me to do them at completely different times.  Keep LO on his current bottle schedule, and give him solids in between bottle feedings.  
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    BF or FF before solids.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We also do cereal (barley) at a totally separate time from breastfeeding about 1 1/2 hours after she nurses.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"