July 2012 Moms
Options

Okay had a day of baby stuff splurge!

Okay, so after my earlier post about cloth diapering, I was inspired to do some more research.

First of all, WOW there is so much information out there and I am not ready to digest it all, but I did do a little shopping!  I bought the cutest cloth diaper thingies.  There is so much to learn, but I went ahead and got a few things.

Then DH and I spent a good couple of hours looking at cribs and strollers etc.  I think we have definitely figured out the crib situation (if you recall, we are in NYC and only 1 bedroom).  The stroller is another issue...DH likes the Bugaboo/Uppababy.  I have no doubt they are great, but since we are only planning on having this LO and no others, it seems insane to spend the $$ on those strollers.  But, he has been appointed minister of finance and transportation ( roles to help him feel involved! :)) where the baby is concerned, so I will let him make the ultimate decision.  My only thing, it can't be too heavy, because I will definitely have to lug it up and down subway stairs!

Has anyone else started "nesting"  for the LO?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Okay had a day of baby stuff splurge!

• Options
    Those are the strollers I've been considering too. I notice that when we're out at the mall or wherever now I always look at people's strollers to see what brand they have! I really love the uppababy and think that's what we'll go with. I'm keeping an eye on craigslist cause I've seen several on there in great to new condition and so much cheaper than buying from a store. 
  • Options
    honestly when they are little you will carry them in a carrier or arms more than stroller and when they are old enough to sit up its easier to get 1 of the cheap light umbrella type stroller unless you plan on useing it on a daily basis...
    image baby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagezyas:
    I notice that when we're out at the mall or wherever now I always look at people's strollers to see what brand they have!

This doesn't go away!  My DS is 3, and I still stroller stalk.  One time I saw a really cool "stroller" out of the corner of my eye.  Turned to find out it was an old lady with a walker on wheels.  Obsessed much?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagePAAZwife:

imagezyas:
    I notice that when we're out at the mall or wherever now I always look at people's strollers to see what brand they have!

This doesn't go away!  My DS is 3, and I still stroller stalk.  One time I saw a really cool "stroller" out of the corner of my eye.  Turned to find out it was an old lady with a walker on wheels.  Obsessed much?

I do this all the time...I feel ridiculous, because no one can tell I am pg and so I am basically just staring at their kid for all they know.  Stalker much?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Lol..I love the status you've appointed your hubby to, too cute! I've been working on my registry too. I have to say from lots of experience as a nanny the uppababy strollers are WONDERFUL! Very pricey though...I am planning on wearing my baby as much as I can, so I don't know if I'll be investing in one. I really think for me, reaching week 13 has really solidified things...like yep, there's really a baby in there! Today I spent about 2 hours adding to my registry. My husband was calling me crazy because its so early but I don't care! There's a lot of baby stuff to get started thinking about. Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemrscmomtobe:
    Lol..I love the status you've appointed your hubby to, too cute! I've been working on my registry too. I have to say from lots of experience as a nanny the uppababy strollers are WONDERFUL! Very pricey though...I am planning on wearing my baby as much as I can, so I don't know if I'll be investing in one. I really think for me, reaching week 13 has really solidified things...like yep, there's really a baby in there! Today I spent about 2 hours adding to my registry. My husband was calling me crazy because its so early but I don't care! There's a lot of baby stuff to get started thinking about. Good luck!!

**Sorry Butting in here unrelated** Mrscmomtobe we have the same due date and I was just wondering when your U/S picture was taken I haven't had one yet so I like to see everyone else's that has the same due date.

• Options
    The britax B-ready is similar to the uppababy and much cheaper!  It's the one we're going with.  Very easy to pick up and fold (we tried it) and fits in my tiny camry hybrid trunk so should fit in a small apartment for storage.  Stores standing up, which is better than the baby jogger city select.  You should check out the baby jogger city mini maybe or the new one the Versa.  Those can also function as a snap and go with infant car seats and have the regular seat to make them like umbrella strollers.  The bassinets only last for so long so we're not bothering getting one of those.  The downside to the Baby Joggers is that they don't store standing up...at least the city select doesn't.
  • Options

If you live in NYC then I assume walking is your mode of transportation?  I would definitely be able to justify the big money strollers in your case!  My almost 4 year still sits in the strollers for long walks because she hates to sweat and ride her bike with her big sister!  We have multiple strollers and are even getting a new double jogging stroller for #4. 

And yay for giving cloth diapers a chance!  There is an adjustment period of trying to figure out what works for you, but I swear it's not as hard as you think!  We love bumgenius and fuzzibunz.  Both are pocket diapers. 

mom to Noel 3.17.07 Morgan 4.9.08 Taylor 10.27.10 Baby #4 Due in July mc 2.3.06
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"