Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Anyone else have labor induced instead of DC or natural miscarriage?

As I read the posts from all of you other ladies, it seems like everyone had a natural miscarriage or D and C. Did anyone else's doctor recommend inducing labor? I'm starting to feel alone in this...

I was a bit further along than most posts I see (19 weeks, baby boy had a cord accident and his heart stopped at 16 weeks 3 days) so many that's why...?

Inducing labor was physically and emothinally tolling but the doctor said it was better for my body at this stage. Has anyone else gone through it?

P.S. All of you ladies that miscarried at home are especially brave. I can't imagine how scary it would be to do at home. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else have labor induced instead of DC or natural miscarriage?

• I m/c at 8 week at home and for me it was emotionally and physically trying.  I don't know what its like to be induced to pass the child, but I am sure it is not easy in any way.  We all lost a child in this.  I hope that physically you recover and emotionally you deal with your grief as we all have to grieve our child.  I hope that the new year is better and happier for you.  Make sure you take care of yourself and heal yourself.
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/27/12 ~ m/c 11/15/11 BO
    BFP#2 6/10/12 ~ EDD 2/21/13 ~ mm/c 7/12/12 ~ D&C 7/13/12
    BFP#3 2/23/2013 ~ EDD 11/5/13 Beta#1 125, Beta#2 436, Beta#3 ???
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  There is a Loss board for women who have had later losses.  You may want to post on that board as well, I'm sure they will have more information for you than we do.  I can't imagine how hard that was for you to go through.  **Hugs**
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh I am so sorry. I'll second the Loss Board. The ladies there may be able to help you more. Again, I am so very, very sorry.
  • Thank you for the recommendation of the Loss board
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am sorry for your loss.  I too lost our LO at 19 weeks and had labor induced.  It was very draining, physically and emotionally.  I did have an epidural, which helped with the pain (physically at least).
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 11/09; 5/11: lap (endometriosis-cleared), HSG (high pressure in tubes- cleared) and Hystoscopy (endocervical polyp - removed)

8/5/11: BFP; 11/14/11: no heartbeat on US; 11/16/11: delivered my angel baby, 19w1d; 12/15/11: D&C

PgAL/PAL Welcome

• My loss was earlier than yours, at 14 weeks, but I was induced and delivered a beautiful little boy.  My doctor does not perform a D&C on anyone over 12 weeks as he believes there is too much risk of puncturing the uterus.

I agree that it is both physically and emotionally taxing.  I had a D&C with my second loss and physically it was so much easier.  With the induction I lost a ton of blood and almost needed a transfusion.  That, along with my grief, made me physically weak for quite a while afterwards.

Sometimes I look back and am glad that I was induced.  I have pictures of our son and giving birth, despite the circumstances, gives a certain amout of closure to a horrible situation.  I don't think I felt the same closure after my D&C and yet I tend to look back and think that experience was "cleaner."

People seem to understand a D&C better.  I had many people who were very shocked when I told them I was induced and even more shocked to find out we were allowed to hold our baby and that we have pictures, footprints, etc..  Perhaps it is just piling more uncomfortable details onto a subject that is already so uncomfortable for so many people.

If you need to talk feel free to send me a message.  I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"