August 2012 Moms

Acne?? Seriously!!!

I've never really had problems with acne... BUT of course leave it to pregnancy to shake things up.  I've heard different things over the years about not using benzoyl peroxide (or something like that) while pregnant bc it's dangerous to the baby, etc.

Anyone with alternative suggestions?  Seems like every time one starts to fade, 2 pop out in it's place!! 

SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

Re: Acne?? Seriously!!!

• I have the same issue...I get cystic acne all over my chin. I don't have any suggestions though! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I broke out bad while pregnant with my first and Proactive worked well. My doctor didn't advise against anything for acne. Unfortunately, postpartum my acne came back and nothing helped it. And it never really went away :( 

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• Loading the player...
  • I've been using Proactiv for almost 10 years, and I used it in my last pregnancy as well. It's doing NOTHING this time around, my zits come in huge and they hurt so bad. 

For a good exfoliation try mixing Baking Soda and water to form a paste and rub it on your face.  That may help unclog the pours.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I had bad acne as a teen and it's come back with my pregnancy. Proactive is a good suggestion, but just make sure you use an old towel or a white towel since it can have a bleaching effect. Another thing that helps is to change your pillow case more often, even more than once a week (annoying, I know but it helps!)

image image
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageIsland_Breezie:

I've never really had problems with acne... BUT of course leave it to pregnancy to shake things up.  I've heard different things over the years about not using benzoyl peroxide (or something like that) while pregnant bc it's dangerous to the baby, etc.

Anyone with alternative suggestions?  Seems like every time once starts to fade, 2 pop out in it's place!! 

Talk to your doctor. Mine said benzoyl peroxide is okay but salicylic acid is not. I'm just dabbing a little at night on the problem areas but it's still so bad!
    BFP #3 11/27/11, EDD 8/3/12 BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1 8/1/11, Natural MC 8/12/11 6 weeks
    BFP #2 9/25/11, Natural MC 10/3/11 6 weeks

• Oh my gosh!  I feel the same way!  I have never really had bad acne but my face is soooo bad right now!  I can't win with it!  When one really bad one finally goes away even more show up!! Ugg, thought about using Proactive.  Maybe I'll give it a try now!

• I feel your pain. Quite literally, actually! I went to the store the other day to look for something without salicylic acid and I did see a single product for acne without it. So I just bought a St. Ives exfoliating scrub to use a few times a week along with my normal Purpose wash. I guess it's just that and washing twice/day, frequently changing pillowcase and trying not to touch my face until the baby comes. But it is just terrible because I have some seriously painful ones both on my face and my back.
  • I have used Proactive since high school and it always worked wonders...however, since I found out I was pregnant-it has done absolutely nothing to help with the sudden bad breakouts I am having. I plan to have a discussion with my OB this week about what are some possibilities as well-as I am breaking out on my chest and back now too. Yuck! My sister recommended getting a facial every few weeks to clean out my pores. I may just try that!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"