December 2011 Moms

How long are you waiting before TTC again?

I know this has been asked before but i seem to keep missing the threads. How long are you waiting before TTC your next LO? We are waiting *hopefully* until about mid-June. It took us a year to get pregnant with Maverick after I came off the pill so we don't know if we will have trouble again...hoping not lol

Re: How long are you waiting before TTC again?

• I'm thinking at least a year and a half to start TTC. I think DH would want to wait even a bit longer.
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• I'm thinking June too if DH is up for it. I am really lucky this LO is a dream baby (so far) and my pregnancy, labour and recovery has been very straightforward. I know not every pregnancy and baby is the same, but I think if Lucy stays this relaxed then we might as well give it a go.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • 2 years maybe?
  • We'll start when LO is in the 10-18 month range
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Breastfeeding and pregnant!
  • We are done.  Had a rough delivery and recovery with both kids.  We are happy and very blessed with our two! 
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageiluvmylab:
    2-3 years
    This! I'd like to have a head start introducing potty training before we add a brother or sister. Also our home daycare goes to 24 months so we'd like to transition him to a Montessori school before the next one comes along. :)
    Success After Losses. I carry your <3, I carry it in my <3.</br>
  • We are done! This LO will be our one and only :)
  • We haven't really talked about it yet, I know we want to have more, but I want to get through the first few months before we even think about it.  I'd love for our timing to work out a little better in terms of the school year this time around (obviously we have no control over that, but still).  Maybe next summer (2013) we'll start trying again?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We will start TTC#2 in June when LO is 6 months.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • We are done.

When DD was 8 months I told DH I was ready for another, he told me I was crazy. He was ready when DD was 17 months. The same month I got my IUD removed and we got our + test the next month!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We haven't discussed it in too much detail yet (my mangled vag is still shuddering at the thought of sex). A lot depends on DH's job situation- if he gets a tenure-track position then we'll maybe start as soon as the fall; if he stays in his post-doc for another year then we'll wait longer. 
    BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • After our trip to Indonesia in early 2013 (so probably start TTC in April or May 2013).  We were lucky with Anderson and got pregnant on our first real try.  I doubt we'll be that lucky twice in a row. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimageVisit The Nest!
    imageimageVisit The Nest!
  • At least 5 years if we ever decide to do it again, we wanted 4 but there is NO way. Cameron was so worth it but this turned out to be a complete nightmare.

ETA: Luckily I'm only 22 so time isn't really a factor.

Born at 26 weeks 2 days gestation, 2 pounds 2 ounces due to IC/PTL,
    and after 82 days in the NICU, our little girl is home!
    Untitled Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image image
  • IF and thats a BIG IF, we decide to have 3rd, we will start TTC when DS2 is a year or so old. The issue is this c/s recovery has been horrible, DS2 has jaundice still, an eye infection, I've had allergic reactions to adhesive on my incision, etc. etc. SOO I am very likely just to talk DH into being happy with out two boys and giving up on going for #3. DH really wants to try for a 3rd and see if we can have a girl but I really just want things to get much much better before talking with DH about this again.
  • We want them 2-3 years apart, and I'd like to try for a spring-ish baby next time (making them around 2.5 years apart), so I'll want to start trying when DD is about 18 months old.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• We are planning on waiting til early 2013 when DD will be just over a year before we start TTC #2.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• We are done. I had a Tubal. We have a 4 year old, twin 3 year olds and a newborn. I'd like some modicum of sanity.

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Immediately. I'm 39 and it took an IUI to have Veronica, so we don't want to waste Amy time. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • If I were asked this before giving birth, I would've said spring/summer.  Now that I see this little one, I just want to spend time with her.  We will probably "try" in about a year.  This LO took us over a year to conceive, so I am not going on any birth control.  If it happens earlier, it does.
  • About 18 months?  Not exactly sure...I would probably like to try sooner, but I also miss being pregnant Stick out tongue  We were lucky and got pregnant our first month trying and doubt that will happen again.
  • Waiting till lo is two. Tho we planned to wait two ears after we got married for lo and got pregnant 6 months later...lol
  • DH works for the gov and is getting deployed for 4 mos this coming fall then we are getting transferred back up north after that so we are probably waiting  until spring/summer of 2013.  Unless the man upstairs has something to say about it lol
  • DH and I just talked about this. We decided we'd revisit the idea next spring so when LO is about 15 months old. 
  • Part of me thinks we are done (3 daughters), but part of me feels like "this cannot be my last baby!?!"

My husband is on the fence as well, but we've decided that I'll get an IUD and we will revisit the topic in 3ish years. We think a 3+ year gap is ideal, maybe even 4 to space out college payments and expenses... not sure. Really I just have to decide if I want FOUR daughters. I love my three, it is perfect, but do we want another girl? I'd hate to "try for a boy". That is the number one reason we would NOT have a 4th.

• We would like to start in late summer or early fall.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm thinking 18 months or so. Depending on our living situation. We are hoping to start a business and move in the upcoming year.
  • We will start trying again when our little guy is around a year.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    2 Hearts, 4 Wagging Tails and a Baby
    TTC #1 since 3/09 - DX Hypothyroid, PCOS, MFI
    M/C 8/10
    Injections/IUI #2 = BFP!! Emmett, born 12/7/11
    TTC #2 - CP 9/12, M/C 1/13
    Injections/IUI - April 2013
  • We will wait until Carter is out of diapers or in the process of pottytraining before we start working on number 3. We plan on having at least two more children but I think it's important for them to be old enough to be pottytrained and to be helpful...So we'll probably try in 2 1/2 years.
  • wow......before lucas was born id have said sooner than later....as i am 35.  BUT, childbirth BLOWS!!!!!!!  At least mine did.  Then the recovery so far was NOT what i expected.  My baby was sideways and big, and doc waited but since there was meconium in my fluid and nicu was on standby.....i got a last minute episiotomy bc he wouldnt come out.  So, my lady bits are literally the last thing i want to even think about using again........i know this will pass but it hasnt been a week so im allowed to be irrational! 

Lilypie - (ovfd)

• imagecutcopypaste:

At least 5 years if we ever decide to do it again, we wanted 4 but there is NO way. Cameron was so worth it but this turned out to be a complete nightmare.

ETA: Luckily I'm only 22 so time isn't really a factor.

I don't blame you for waiting.  Mine are 5 years apart and big sister is so helpful! This age gap wasn't our choice (ttc #2 took much longer than we thought)  but it worked out very nicely.  We are done with two.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • As far as we're concerned, we're done. BUT..both DS's were surprises, so I guess you never know....but if we were to have a 3rd, I would hope we would wait another 2-3 years.
  • As far as I am concerned we are done, DH wants another.  I really feel like my family is complete and after that pregnancy and this painful recovery I really don't want to do it again.

As for everyone saying they don't think they will get pregnant that fast again, I got pregnant our first month of trying both times.  I didn't think it would be so easy for me the second time and that's why we started when we did, I would have waited because now I'm sitting here tonight and not back home at my best friend's wedding.  (Not that I regret having DD, I just thought we would have more time.)

Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • N.E.V.E.R.  We always wanted two but I am one and done.  With all the complications during my pregnancy and then the whole delivery fiasco we agreed that DJ is it.  I know that in a year or so we may rethink this but we were always iffy on whether we wanted one or two anyways and I think this pregnancy solidified the 'one' in our minds.
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We will start trying when ds is about 6 mths old, the next baby and each subsequent will be higher risk than the last, but I really don't want ds to be an  only child, so we will be two and done for sure as I can't justify the increased risk to each baby, even thinking about having a second is making me feel guilty  (they will almost definastly have to have a blood transfusiono in Utero, and be delivered earlly and be in the NICU for a while Sad, it is something I have to discuss with the dr.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• We are done. Before 2.0 was born I said I was good with two, and dh was on board but not quite 100%. With 2.0's labor and delivery seeing as hard as it was, dh is completely against more kids- especially since we were strongly suggested to consider being done due to my blood loss issues post partum by multiple drs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not sure. I'm sad pregnancy is over, DH and I both miss the anticipation and the belly. I am still on the one/done side, DH is pushing for two. I keep reminding him they don't stay this little and cute forever! Our financial situation would need to change a bit too. 
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • I want my kids at least 3 years apart, do the earliest we would start trying is summer 2014. But I will be 35 by then, so who knows if I will want to start all over again. I love the spacing I between my girls, but I worry about being an 'older' mom.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As of right now we are DONE! My pregnancy wasn't the easiest and my labor and delivery DEF weren't easy. I told DH that IF it happens again it won't be for another 2 years or so... I also told him to ask me again in about a year. lol
    EDD 12/9/11, Team Blue Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We talked about early 2013 but we're still waiting for this LO to arrive. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"