Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Has your LO ever gone down for the night when it's light outside?

We have always put our LO to bed for the night when it's dark outside.  We figure the dark gives him the que it's time for the long sleep and it helps with melatonin production.

He's 16 weeks.

Lately a couple of times his bedtime has been right around 6pm due to a couple of weird naps and early wakeups in the morning (5:45am).  It's not dark out yet, but he's DONE for the day.  Tonight we moved the feeding into his room because it was dark in there, when usually we do it in the living room with lights out, but it was still a bit light in there.

Whenever he's had a late nap, like 5:30 or so, he'll be up within 45 minutes and then down for the night about an hour and a half later when it's dark.  Just thinking if it's still light out, he'll think it's another nap.

Anyone had success with putting their LO down with daylight? 

Re: Has your LO ever gone down for the night when it's light outside?

• Options
    Abby was in bed at ten-of-6 tonight. Not uncommon in our house. Gavin has always been an early bed-time kid too.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Is she down for the night then?  Do you need the dark for her to go down that early?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

She already has darkening shades (egg crate blinds I think?) so her room is pretty dark. And yea, she's down for the night. Well, she has a cold so who knows but barring any issues she's down for the night.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Yeah, I was just looking at black out shades online.  His curtain lets some light in so I may just get a liner.  Have to get one for the hallway too since we do his bath first and then to bed from there down the hall. 

But what the heck to do when we turn the clocks ahead in a couple of months?  Yikes!  Blackout shades for the whole house I guess Confused

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"