Pregnant after IF

stupid pharmacy...tell me this doesn't matter....

I'm on PIO shots still for the next four weeks.  So I reordered my progesterone the other day from Freedom Fertility and it arrived today, but I was cleaning the house all day and only just opened the box.  They refilled my rx from the summer when I was doing my IVF cycle, sending me progesterone in ethyl oleate, instead of my newest rx from my donor egg clinic, which is progesterone in sesame oil and what I've been using throughout this cycle.

I've been doing some reading and it looks like people switch around if one kind vs. another gives them problems, so it should be okay to switch to the ethyl oleate if I have to, right? (I finish my last sesame oil bottle on Monday).  I'll call Freedom on Monday and give them a piece of my mind, and also check with my clinic to be sure this is ok....I didn't have a bad reaction to either kind so I'm assuming it really doesn't matter, as long as the injection has the progesterone in it!  Still, I can't believe the rep didn't ask me which rx I wanted filled...she had asked me about another part of the later rx so I assumed she was also looking at the later PIO rx as well.  

Annoyed.

me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 

Re: stupid pharmacy...tell me this doesn't matter....

• imagelhcooper:

I'm on PIO shots still for the next four weeks.  So I reordered my progesterone the other day from Freedom Fertility and it arrived today, but I was cleaning the house all day and only just opened the box.  They refilled my rx from the summer when I was doing my IVF cycle, sending me progesterone in ethyl oleate, instead of my newest rx from my donor egg clinic, which is progesterone in sesame oil and what I've been using throughout this cycle.

I've been doing some reading and it looks like people switch around if one kind vs. another gives them problems, so it should be okay to switch to the ethyl oleate if I have to, right? (I finish my last sesame oil bottle on Monday).  I'll call Freedom on Monday and give them a piece of my mind, and also check with my clinic to be sure this is ok....I didn't have a bad reaction to either kind so I'm assuming it really doesn't matter, as long as the injection has the progesterone in it!  Still, I can't believe the rep didn't ask me which rx I wanted filled...she had asked me about another part of the later rx so I assumed she was also looking at the later PIO rx as well.  

Annoyed.

::lurker butting in::

I just got a script from Freedom today also.  It says on one of the inserts in big bold letters that any errors need to be called in within 24 hours of getting the package.  I wouldn't wait until Monday.

::butting out::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I called their emergency number as soon as I opened the package (only about 5 hours after I got it) and they are closed until Monday at 10 am, so I don't have much choice but to wait until then.  I will email them, however, now that you mention it.
    me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I know nothing about PIO, but does your dr office have an on-call or after hours line you can call?  Just for some peace of mind?
    Me: 30, Dx Unexplained/hypothalamic amenorrhea
    DH: 31, normal!
    April/May 2011: Menopur + Ovidrel +TI = BFN
    Oct 2011: Menopur + Hcg +IUI = BFP!
    Beta #1 (13dpiui)= 129.7, Beta #2 (15 dpiui)= 305
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome!
    My Blog

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Hopefully it will be ok, since you didn't have issues with either. Definately give your RE's office a call.

Good luck!

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It should be fine.  There's no difference in the actual progesterone, just the oil it's suspended in.  Oleate oil is actually a bit thinner and a lot of women prefer it.  Definitely check with your RE but I can't imagine it would be an issue.

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"