March 2012 Moms

Why are people so unreliable? Vent

My cousin/best friend (who is also going to be our daughters godmother) is supposed to be throwing my baby shower   She offered back in August and we decided on a date in November. It's two weeks from today and the invitations haven't gone out! And she's out of town until Tuesday. So best case scenario they go out Wednesday. I just don't think that's enough notice, and I'm the one that suffers. Her and her mom offered to throw it, putting me in he situation of having two because her mom does not get along with most of my family after a messy divorce. Turned out to be no big deal because my boss offered to throw one for me. Hers is two weeks later nd invites went out the week before Christmas. I've tried to broch the subject to my cousin and she's avoided me. So do I just hope the invites go out on Wednesday and that everyone can make it or should I say something about the short notice? And how do I say something without sounding crappy? 

Re: Why are people so unreliable? Vent

• I got offered one by my MIL and a date hasn't even been set. I have one in 4 weeks and invites went out yesterday. I honestly don't care if the MIL one even happens. It's just a baby shower and I'm grateful that I'm even getting just one. If I were you I'd keep the date open but just assume it isn't happening. You still have 1-2 more showers that will happen. But that's just me.
  • I would say something if it was me. My mom is throwing mine and I wanted to do the invites right after Christmas so people could take off work if they wanted to, plus with finances, then they can budget for it and so on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It's so hard because I just need to know one way or the other. If she can't do it for whatever reason that is fine, but the people that I was inviting to the one she was throwing are very dear to me and I'd at least like the option of inviting them to the other shower (with adequate notice). Every time we've talked she acts like its on, and we talk daily because I'm hosting an engagement party for her this Friday. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"