Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

For those who use space heaters

Can you recomend the space heater you use in lo's room? We are about to get one and I'm nervous about having one in the room all night so I wannt to get a good one. Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: For those who use space heaters

• Options
    We use an electric radiator style heater and LOVE it! It has a dial for the temp and two switches for each side so it is very easy to customize the heat! Thy dont force heat out so they don't dry the air as much as other heaters do. Also, you can get different sizes so it is always easy to find one in every price range!
    BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageJeepersWife:
    We use an electric radiator style heater and LOVE it! It has a dial for the temp and two switches for each side so it is very easy to customize the heat! Thy dont force heat out so they don't dry the air as much as other heaters do. Also, you can get different sizes so it is always easy to find one in every price range!

Exactly this -- our pedi said these are the only style that are safe for LO's room.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know what brand it is, just a little $30 one, but we have it set to a timer so it comes on for 30minutes, then goes off for 1.5 hours so it doesn't get too hot in her room.
    image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

i'm sorry but i have to reply to this---my DH is a firefighter and says that NO space heater is safe, they are one of the top 5 causes of house fires. 

ways to keep LO's room around the recommended temp of 68* and keep LO warm:

fleece sleep sacks, fleece footed pjs,jersey cotton or flannel sheet, turn ceiling fan blades to push up in the winter (they all have a switch to change the blade direction), have crib along an inside wall.

PLEASE be smart and stay safe.

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options
    I feel really torn about this...I want to be safe, but we live in an old house, and DS's room gets cold. I feel like a space heater is our only option. We have a ceramic one that's in the middle of the room, far from the curtains. It's got a thermostat so it keeps the room at 67 degrees.
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejonnygurl76:

i'm sorry but i have to reply to this---my DH is a firefighter and says that NO space heater is safe, they are one of the top 5 causes of house fires. 

fleece sleep sacks, fleece footed pjs,jersey cotton or flannel sheet, turn ceiling fan blades to push up in the winter (they all have a switch to change the blade direction), have crib along an inside wall.

They are the #1 reason for fires because people are STOOOPID with them.  Seriously, ask him how many fires he's seen with people putting blankets .998343 inches away from a full blast heater.  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    imagekatie4253:
    imagejonnygurl76:

They are the #1 reason for fires because people are STOOOPID with them.  Seriously, ask him how many fires he's seen with people putting blankets .998343 inches away from a full blast heater.  

I agree 100% with Katie -- we are talking about an oil heater, not a forced air  electric heater.  I did a lot of research after talking to the pedi about (LO will not sleep well if he is even the slightest bit chilly).  Our LO sleeps on his tummy, so sleep sacks are out, and dressing him in 2 pj outfits makes him sweat.  Anways, the short of it is I did my research and if properly maintained, oil heaters are the safest way to heat a nursery next to central heat.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"