Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

I believe in the 4 month wakeful...

DD in the last week (she'll be four months next week) has started fighting naps again (after a blissful period of easy naps even though short in time) and is awake 20 minutes after put down -- we don't do drowsy but awake b/c it hasn't worked so far.

At night our 4 hours stretch is down to 3 or even 2 and then up every hour after that unless I bring her in to cosleep which I don't like to do -- though desperate times call for desperate measures.

She doesn't seem crankier for all this missed  / disrupted sleep and aside from gas that also messes up her sleep the only ones that are suffering are DH and I.

I do hope we get our girl back ina week or so...I dont need STTN yet, but those 4-5 hour stretches were nice. 

Re: I believe in the 4 month wakeful...

• Options
    imagebluejetta:

DD in the last week (she'll be four months next week) has started fighting naps again (after a blissful period of easy naps even though short in time) and is awake 20 minutes after put down -- we don't do drowsy but awake b/c it hasn't worked so far.

At night our 4 hours stretch is down to 3 or even 2 and then up every hour after that unless I bring her in to cosleep which I don't like to do -- though desperate times call for desperate measures.

She doesn't seem crankier for all this missed  / disrupted sleep and aside from gas that also messes up her sleep the only ones that are suffering are DH and I.

I do hope we get our girl back ina week or so...I dont need STTN yet, but those 4-5 hour stretches were nice. 

I could have come here and posted this same thing today. LO used to do 6-8 hrs on the first stretch at night until Thanksgiving, and then all of a sudden her sleep went to sh!t. Lastnight she took 1 and 1/2 hrs to go to sleep and I started with our normal routine at 8. Then she was up at 10:30, 12:30, 2:00, 4:00 6:30 and 8. I am friggin exhausted. And all day today she has started fighting naps and only napping for 30-45 mins at a time when she was solidly doing 1+ at each nap.

I need my girl to go back to sleeping like she was, I can't take too much of this.

I know it is my own fault, but I always nurse her to sleep and when she wakes at night I nurse her back to sleep. I am sucked dry at this point... anyone with advice on how to get her to use a paci? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    I sadly welcome you to my nightmare.  We went from waking 1-2X per night to every 2 hours (a few nights we went on a marathon of every 45 minutes like clock work).  We are at 4+ weeks of this, although we have started to make some positive progress (thank goodness, I have been sick wtih a cold for the past month that I can't shake because I am getting such horrible nights sleep!  I miss the 1-2X a night!!!  I feel your pain!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekmpage28:
    I sadly welcome you to my nightmare.  We went from waking 1-2X per night to every 2 hours (a few nights we went on a marathon of every 45 minutes like clock work).  We are at 4+ weeks of this, although we have started to make some positive progress (thank goodness, I have been sick wtih a cold for the past month that I can't shake because I am getting such horrible nights sleep!  I miss the 1-2X a night!!!  I feel your pain!

Ack that sucks - and 4 plus weeks - I don't know if I can do that. I already have DH brining the air mattress out of the attic as an emergency back up sleep option for one or both of us to move downstairs or something so that we can at least one get some sleep in shifts.  I figure since we plan to sleep train in another 2 weeks that I don't care how we get her to sleep these next 2 weeks.

• Options
    I also am at 4 plus weeks. I actually think its 5, but I try to not keep track because its depressing. lol. We went from STTN (8-10 hours) to waking every 2 hours, sometimes less. SIGH! I am ready for this to be over!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Good luck! DD just got through that, it lasted about 3-4 weeks.
    image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Word :(  We're at five weeks also, the first stretch of sleep is 2-3 hours, after that it's every hour or so until wake-up time around 6-7am, with a kind of weird pre-waking up/fussy time around 5am.  Sometimes it seems to gradually get better and then it will degrade again after a few days.  Naps won't last over 45 mins anymore either.  Lil' man used to sleep in his crib at night and wake up a few times to eat but we basically just cosleep now because waking upe very hour PLUS the time to get him back down is killing my psyche.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD spends the first stretch or two in her crib but by 3am if it looks like we are going to have trouble getting back / staying asleep I cosleep with her.
  • Options

Definitely. Lost the 4-5 hr block followed by every 3hr to a 2-3hr block followed by waking every 90mins to 2 hrs, fighting to stay awake until he cries himself tired or I bring him to bed.

Sadly, it coincided with travel for the hols so he is now on week 5 of his 4MW. I hope this isn't the new norm. It's not like he ever napped well either. Nighttime used to be a relief.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"