June 2011 Moms

Temper

so my baby has a temper and it's really starting to show.

If she is in the stroller and wants picked up RIGHT then she will scream. She will scream if she is on the floor playing with her toys and I walk by and she wants picked up right THEN, Not like a little cry either. The I am hurt and dying wail screams. If she's on my lap and starts getting grumpy, if I offer her boob and it's not what she wants she throws her head back, arches her chest up, arms back and wails. If I try to "fix it" and "it" is not what she wants she gets really mad now! With the screamings she throws in some hoarse yells.

Yesterday DH and I just sat and stared in amazement at her tantrum literally out of no where because I could not figure out why she was mad.

What the heck! Not cool if we are in public though. What the heck am I supposed to do???? It's not like a 7 month old understands no. NOW, I get it.

Oh AND she likes to hear her screams too. Expecially in dead silence or if it echos. For fun. Yesterday in the Victoria Secret fitting room she was screaming and screeching. I'd shhhhh her and even say no while pointing my finger, Everything I did made her crack up, smile and scream more. Like it was a fun game. Siiiigh. Hellllllooooo Miss personality.

Re: Temper

• Oh. Boy. Same things happening here except it's more whining!!!! How fun! I just keep reminding myself that I would be thinking something was wrong if DD had NO personality right?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ds has started with this. We sign with him and I am looking forward to whenhe can tell me what he wants which I know will be awhile.

Image and video hosting 
by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep C has started doing the same exact thing. 

The worst is when she is in the bath and decides she is done.  She'll go from completely happy and smiling to screaming and arching her back and just about going under water in 0.2 seconds.  Bath times used to be fun time around here... now I dread it.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My LO has a temper too and I spotted it months ago.  I had really no idea what to do about it.  When he wants to be picked up or just wants a toy or something he will literally start throwing himself around.  I don't mean wiggling b/c he is crying I mean full on throw himself around.

Yesterday he was laying on the couch next to me and he did that.  I had picked him up from daycare just 20 mins prior so I had a whole cup full of patience.  I just looked at him and started laughing b/c his temper at that moment seemed so funny.  He just stopped crying, stopped flailing and looked at me.  I started to laugh harder b/c he stopped and then he cracked a smile.  Tantrum was over.  I was shocked and amused at the same time. 

• My LO has a temper too, though it's usually directed at his toys. 
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Awww...I think the screaming and screeching though is just fun for them though. It's when they realize the kinds of noises they can make and they think it's funny. Liv did this for a little bit and does it now when she is excited.

I haven't seen as much "tantrums" per se but she does arch her back sometimes when she's bored. She did this at church last Sunday, while laughing out loud for the pastor to hear even. It was silly because she was clearly getting irritated and she was trying to hold it back by laughing. 

I think this is also the age they realize they can affect others by crying. Like I said, I haven't seen much of this but I am not sure what I'd do either. I'd probably try to divert her attention first, eg give her new toy to play with instead of picking her up right away. 

We also have been signing to her since she was 4 months. We're hoping it will come in handy later on and reduce frustration.

• Heh.  Yeah, DS went through the phase where he'd screech at the top of his lungs and a stern face and the word "no" was hilarious to him.  Luckily, he never did it in public.  I think that phase lasted for about a week, and then he had a new favorite sound.  Hopefully it passes for your LO also.

DS is also throwing tantrums lately.  He throws his head back and screams bloody murder if I try to rock him to sleep.  He doesn't want to nap, he HATES to be put on the changing table and now he pretty much cries every time I take him into the nursery.  The grass is always greener with him...he cries when he's frustrated with  his playmat, so I pick him up, and he instantly lunges toward the playmat and wants to be put back down. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep this is Kaydence too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"