December 2011 Moms

talk to me about BC... clueless.

I normally take the pill... loestrine.  But now I'm EBF... so I'm wondering if thats still an option.  I know that some BC is avoided when BFing but there are so many different kinds that I'm completely and utterly lost!  

DH and I dont want another LO for a few years so long term  is fine with me... just not sure what to do....

Tell me about your BC... please help me out! I'd like to research and know what to ask my doc about... but I dont know anything other than my good 'ol pill. 

image  image  image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: talk to me about BC... clueless.

• Anything with estrogen is not recommended because it decreases your milk supply. I am starting the mini pill next week (progesterone only pill) and then in a couple months I will either get mirena or start the shot. They are all non-estrogen choices. I can't take estrogen regardless of BFing because it causes me to have aura/migraines.
    Born at 26 weeks 2 days gestation, 2 pounds 2 ounces due to IC/PTL,
    and after 82 days in the NICU, our little girl is home!
    Untitled Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image image
  • I'll be getting the mirena next month.
  • Loading the player...
  • We FF but BC with estrogen isn't an option for me anymore b/c more than likely my BP problems are chronic, so Mirena or Depo shots are my 2 options. I'm not interested in the shots but am considering Mirena.
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• I am leaning toward getting the Mirena
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• I will be getting implanon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemasterhairstylist:
    I will be getting implanon.

Yes 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.