May 2012 Moms

annoyed!

I read a lot of vents on the boards here about the in-laws. I have to say I can't really complain. They pretty much keep to themselves and stay non-invasive -- almost to a fault. They've done some stupid crap a few times -- like FIL ruined our gender reveal on christmas because he was cursing up a storm to FI in early December that my parents know but he doesn't. Well, this is my family's first baby and his family's like 5th because his brother is a baby factory. Besides, my mother goes to every doctor's visit with me because FI is busy working for his father. Sigh. So it totally ruined our big release of balloons from a box for christmas. It would have made for amazing pictures and video and the fact that it's the first boy in their family would have been great reaction to see. But he's clearly going through andropause, threw a total big fit and it just ruined the whole thing. So we just told them boringly over the phone. A**HOLE!

So what's annoying me now is that ever since we found out that we were pregnant back in September, I have been asking his mother for baby pictures constantly. Before thanksgiving, thanksgiving, bday parties, christmas eve, christmas and weekends in between. She keeps telling me "next weekend", "next week", etc. First it was next week then it was thanksgiving then her mother passed so I understand but it's just perpetually continuing on. I'm past the halfway point in my pregnancy now. She acts like they're stored in a box in a attic underneath a million boxes. They're in a box in FI's old bedroom closet. For FS can I just come over and get them? GOD. I am dying to see what he looked like as a baby and I feel like I will NEVER get to know. I am getting so pissed off and annoyed that I'm not going to ask anymore. I'm going to tell FI to go over there and get them himself. This is just fking ridiculous and I'm losing my patience.

Ok vent over. But, I am still steaming.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: annoyed!

• Does your FI have a key...can you go in when they aren't home?? muhaha
    TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• imageJazzyashes84:
    Does your FI have a key...can you go in when they aren't home?? muhaha

Nope no key but I think she'll finally get the damn hint when I stop hounding her for them and I just send in her son to get them. It's honestly ridiculous that it is taking this long to get when it probably takes 10 minutes of her time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry, that is annoying. But why can't your FI just go upstairs to his old room and get them? He should get involved and either get them or force his mother to give them to him. You shouldn't have to deal with it.
    --Danielle :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesulilina:

imageJazzyashes84:
    Does your FI have a key...can you go in when they aren't home?? muhaha

Nope no key but I think she'll finally get the damn hint when I stop hounding her for them and I just send in her son to get them. It's honestly ridiculous that it is taking this long to get when it probably takes 10 minutes of her time.

That's what I would have done the first time she blew me off. I don't see why that is even out of the norm anyway - they are his baby pictures. If he knows where they are, he can just walk on up to his old room and get them himself. He shouldn't even have to tell his mother, IMO. If my mom were alive and I wanted my baby pictures, I would do the same.

--Danielle :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"