Baby Names

Please help with MN suggestions for my girl name....

We just found out we are having a girl (90% sure) and I am pretty stuck on the name Skyla.

I am having a hard time with middle names because I want something a little more traditional but also fitting.

My middle name is Anne and so is my mothers. I would like to use Anne, but I just don't think it fits well with her FN. I am thinking a longer MN will balance the name out and give a better flow. Our last name is Kerk.

Any suggestions?

BabyFruit Ticker

image image

Re: Please help with MN suggestions for my girl name....

• I would not use Anne, or any other A name, because her initials would be SAK. Yuck. Ha. That might encourage some dirty jokes.

Skyla Grace? Claire? Skyla Rose? Could you use Anne in other way? Something Anne? MaryAnne?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemkd00:

I would not use Anne, or any other A name, because her initials would be SAK. Yuck. Ha. That might encourage some dirty jokes.

Skyla Grace? Claire? Skyla Rose? Could you use Anne in other way? Something Anne? MaryAnne?

Haha I was curious if someone would bring up the initials- I thought of that too. SAC would not be good!

I am at a loss of how else to use Anne and still get the right flow. My mothers first name is Lee, so I was considering Skyla Leanne. But, I really don't like that a lot and it seems like a stretch.

The first name is already a little off the beaten path, so the rest has to be very "normal" in my opinion. I figure if its not going to be "Anne" then I might as well just start from scratch.

I also feel like Skyla is very feminine, so the middle name couldn't be too soft/girly. I'd like to tone it down if anything... Wow I don't know if that will make sense to anyone! lol

What about Skyla Evangeline?? Or something similar?

BabyFruit Ticker

image image
  • I agree with no A middle names.

Skyla Penelope
    Skyla Josephine

It was many and many a year ago, In a kingdom by the sea, That a maiden there lived whom you may know By the name of ANNABEL LEE; And this maiden she lived with no other thought Than to love and be loved by me. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image BFP: 9/24/11 EDD: 6/5/12 Natural MC: 11/6/11
  • Sklya Evangeline is beautiful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like Skyla Evangeline.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Skyla Anne is gorgeous!
    First Baby Due: July 2012 Check out my blog: FordsintheFastlane.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"