1st Trimester

Devastated & Confused

Another Update:

Got the call i was dreading but had a feeling it was coming... my levels went down from 3262 down to 3048. She already started talking about not needing surgery but possibly needed medicine to get rid of it and monitoring my levels some more...

Im not sure what to make of this im so confused and devastated right now, i cant stop crying. I had someone post on the board where she had the same bleeding i did and it was normal and she is fine but her doctors didn't put her through all of this stress that im going throught.

My mom wants me to go to a third doctor to check for a disappearing twin and see what that doctor says because she doesn't see how they are going to abort something that they cant see and all this started because they couldn't see anything at 4 weeks. I just really dont know what to do. 

Re: Devastated & Confused

• I know your mom means well, but with your betas decreasing, it's probably not going to end well. Honestly, never seeing anything on the ultrasounds and the confusion over how far along you are vs your betas were tell-tale signs that something wasn't right IMO. You have the option to wait it out and do another beta in a few days if the miscarriage hasn't started on its own, just in case, but I really don't know what good going to yet another doctor will do. Regardless, I'm sorry you've had to go through this.  ((hug))
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• i doubt i will go to a third doctor but this is the first time my betas dropped before they went up from 2333 to 3262 and now theyre at 3048
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry that you are going through this. I think it never hurts to get a second opinion if you have any doubts. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • this was the second opinion... all they keep telling me is this is not a normal pregnancy
  • I'm sorry I misunderstood.  
  • its alright i dont think i specified either :)
  • I'm sorry that you are going through this but like other have people said, it really doesn't look good. There are always exceptions where people come out just fine with a healthy baby, but those people are the exceptions and not the rule. With my MC my betas doubled on Thursday, I began heavy bleeding on Monday. The following week my levels were down to 10.
  • I am very sorry for your loss.  No one should have to go through one.  Big hug.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• This sounds really similiar to when I had my ectopic. Do either one of your shoulders hurt? Are you having any pain on either side. Spotting can go along w/ ectopics. I had a 4d  u/s done to find mine in my right tube. My dr. caught it 1 cm. prior to rupture. I was given methotrexade (sp?). It made me pretty sick but thankfully I didn't need surgery 'cause he caught it in time. I'm so sorry you're going through all of this!!! I'll say a prayer for you.
  • ((HUGS)) I am so sorry you are going through this.

• imageCrystalDaun:
    This sounds really similiar to when I had my ectopic. Do either one of your shoulders hurt? Are you having any pain on either side. Spotting can go along w/ ectopics. I had a 4d  u/s done to find mine in my right tube. My dr. caught it 1 cm. prior to rupture. I was given methotrexade (sp?). It made me pretty sick but thankfully I didn't need surgery 'cause he caught it in time. I'm so sorry you're going through all of this!!! I'll say a prayer for you.

This. Be as diligent as you need to be to make sure you don't have an ectopic. My first pregnancy was ectopic and it was missed for almost 6 weeks. I ended up having emergency surgery and losing my fallopian tube.

One of the things that kept confusing my doctor was that my betas would drop and rise, drop and rise. Not trying to scare you...just want you to be aware. 

Best of luck to you.

• no suprisingly i have had no pain or clotting and its worrying me. Nothing is showing up on an ultrasound in my tubes so im praying either im to early along to see anything or i naturally miscarried at this point because i dont think i could live with myself knowing i had to abort it to save my life but if it has to be done it has to be done.

i feel so selfish saying this but i really hope i just naturally miscarried.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"