January 2012 Moms
Options

For those who have been to L&D...

I was induced last time so I don't know how it goes. They told me if you go into the hospital for normal labor that you go through the e.r. and get checked then sent up. My question is, do they just check your cervix and make a decision or just hook you up to a contraction moniter or both then decide if you should go to l&d?
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: For those who have been to L&D...

• Options
    My hospital said first step is to call L&D. If they give the okay, then we come in and go straight to L&D. They check and then we go from there. If you are unsure, call your L&D unit and they should be able to tell you what to do.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1 5/07/11, DS 01/19/12
    BFP #2 08/09/12, M/C 08/10/12
    BFP #3 10/30/12, EDD 07/11/12...please stick!
  • Options
    I am an ER nurse and everyone past 20wks goes to L&D...there is nothing ER can do for you. L&D has a triage area where they will check you and put you on the monitors.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageRsoc23:
    I am an ER nurse and everyone past 20wks goes to L&D...there is nothing ER can do for you. L&D has a triage area where they will check you and put you on the monitors.

This is how it is at my hospital. We have a women's center, and if you're past 20 weeks you automatically go there. They will monitor you in the triage area to make sure you are in labor, then admit you into a birthing room.

Cambria, Keira, and Bonnie Quinn
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ok thanks everyone. I'm not in labor yet but was just curious how they go about things. I didn't want to have to plan for sitting in an e.r. waiting room since our's takes around 2 hours to get people in for other stuff and I was told by the doc I have to check in thru the e.r.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagetextbookcase:

imageRsoc23:

This is how it is at my hospital. We have a women's center, and if you're past 20 weeks you automatically go there. They will monitor you in the triage area to make sure you are in labor, then admit you into a birthing room.

This is how mine is too.  Any scares, anything out of the ordinary, labor...I just walk in to L&D after 20 weeks.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Options

imageeilatan&nhoj88:
    Ok thanks everyone. I'm not in labor yet but was just curious how they go about things. I didn't want to have to plan for sitting in an e.r. waiting room since our's takes around 2 hours to get people in for other stuff and I was told by the doc I have to check in thru the e.r.

My hospital's policy is to go through ER, but they told us they would send us to L&D immediately.  It's just easier to check into the hospital through ER, especially since the other entrances to the hospital are closed at night.  It's just their procedure and doesn't mean they would make us wait there for hours.

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    imagenamara5532:

My hospital's policy is to go through ER, but they told us they would send us to L&D immediately.  It's just easier to check into the hospital through ER, especially since the other entrances to the hospital are closed at night.  It's just their procedure and doesn't mean they would make us wait there for hours.

This exactly. At least for my hospital. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    At my hospital you go straight to L&D. There they have an L&D triage set up. They had me change and leave my pad (for my water breakage) in the bathroom for testing. They checked that, and checked me. From there they would decide weather to admit and move to a delivery room or OR, or to send you home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

At the hospital where I delivered DS and at a different hospital where I will deliver this baby - you do not go to ER if you're in labor, you just go to L & D.

• Options

Until 8PM at night, we just go through the main entrance and up to L&D.  after 8 when the main entrance is closed, we go through the ER entrance, but not actually do anything in the ER.  We just go through that entrance since it is the one that is open and up to L&D.

ETA:  we get triaged in the L&D ward.  if they decide it is time, they will admit me.  otherwise, i go home and go back.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"