June 2011 Moms

Umbrella Stroller Recs

I'm looking to get suggestions for am umbrella stroller since DD will be moving to her convertible carseat soon and I don't want to lug my jogging stroller everywhere. I want something that is nice, harness belt, and well built - not just a completely cheap one since I will be using it a lot. A cup holder for mom would be awesome but I'm guessing I won't find that on an umbrella stroller. Any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Umbrella Stroller Recs

• I just bought a Mia Moda Facile. I've only tried it once but I really liked it. It got great reviews on amazon too. Its really sturdy, has a 5 point harness, and I think you can get a cup holder to go with it. I could be wrong though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker photo12
  • Kolcraft Contours and First Years Ignite...we have both.

I decided on them due to high reviews.

I like both but the contours has a bigger basket under it. The Ignite is more compact, folds up better and also has a better parent tray (No kid tray though). The contours parent tray is just a single drink holder but it does have a kid tray...not a big necessity IMO, but nice. Both very light weight and a bit of an upgrade to a traditional umbrella stroller. Also both have 5 point harnesses.

Oh an they recline enough for her to sleep but not fully....which is common for umbrella strollers.

• Loading the player...
  • I have a Maclaren Techno...I think it's the XT.    It is a bit pricey but I got it for over 50% less at Homegoods a couple years ago.   

I love it.    Super deep full recline..you can actually use it with a newborn.   5 pt harness, decent sized basket.    No parent tray/cup holder and no kid tray.   Super easy to fold up.  

It holds a big kid too.   We used it in Nov when we took the 3.5 year old into the city for the day(we knew we were going to be doing a lot of walking and figured he would get tired and want a nap at some point)   He's around 40 inches and 35 lbs and still fit in there comfortably.   So even though it is expensive we have gotten A LOT of use out of it.   And it still looks like new(well other than the dirty wheels).

• I have a Maclaren Quest and love it. It's pushes so easily and rides smoothly. No regrets on the $200+ purchase. I love it. The basket is on the smaller side and there's no cup holder (although you may be able to buy an attachment)....but that's ok for me!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • We were looking at a Mclaren because they had such good reviews. However, we didn't like the bulk and price of the quest, didn't care for the triumph, and although we liked the 9lb one they offer, we didn't like that the seat was not adjustable. For a little bit more, we ended up going with the UPPAbaby G Luxe. We love it! Adjustable seat? check. Cup holder? check. Lightweight? check, at only 11 pounds. It's also easy to fold, can stand on its own while folded, and can even be pushed one-handed. It'd on amazon for $165. I'd link, but I'm on my phone.
  • Looks like you can get anything you want and put something like this on it if it doesn't come with a cup holder. When we move up to the umbrella stroller we have this is what I am gonna get. I also have no ideas what my umbrella stroller is a friend gave it to me but I like it

https://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Kids-Stroller-Accessory-Buggy/dp/B000SMWUPS/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&qid=1325374975&sr=8-40

Edit: Wait I think I like this one even better 

https://www.amazon.com/Childress-Cargo-Stroller-Organizer-Black/dp/B000X2HC9W/ref=sr_1_48?ie=UTF8&qid=1325375257&sr=8-48

•  

imageTellyb0228:
    I just bought a Mia Moda Facile. I've only tried it once but I really liked it. It got great reviews on amazon too. Its really sturdy, has a 5 point harness, and I think you can get a cup holder to go with it. I could be wrong though. 

We just got this too. I picked this one because it's tall and i read alot of other stollers reviews that tall people had a hard time with low handles after awhile and this one has higher handles that are comfortable for both short and tall people.

• We have the Britax B-Agile and I really like it.  It's similar to the City Mini, but has a few upgrades that made it a better choice for us.  It's lightweight, full recline, decent basket and I love that it locks automatically when folded.
    TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"