Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Water for preparing formula

We supplement, so bottles are mainly BM, with an ounce or two of formula added in.  We have been using tap water to prepare the powdered formula since she was born, and I never really thought much about the water because we don't give very much formula anyway.  But that recent story about Enfamil has me all paranoid. We live in a city, and we have always drank the water straight from the tap, but now I wonder if it's ok for LO.  Should we be using nursery water to prepare the formula or maybe get a Brita pitcher or something?  What do you use? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Water for preparing formula

• Options

There was a formula water post earlier today I think.  It may have been on my BMB.  Anyway - see if you can find for a lot more responses to your questions about what water to use.  You will be fine using your city tap water. 

The Enfamil recall was due to a bacteria that is commonly found in all powder formulas.  If you are concerned about it, you can use the ready to feed or concentrated versions.

Here is a helpful article about formula preparation, in response to the recent deaths.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we used bottled purified water for the first 5 months, then just switched to our regular city water.  I don't think we had to use bottled for so long, but we did.  Now out of convenience we use tap.  I dont think a filtered water would be bad, just do whats right for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If your water is safe enough for you to drink, it's safe enough for your LO. I have formula fed both my babies since day one and have always used tap water. If you want more peace of mind than get a water purifier system, they're not that expensive. 
  • Options
    We use tap water. No worries, especially if you have been drinking it, it is fine! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"