August 2012 Moms

Had another trip to the ER

Well on thursday I had another internal U/S and everything looked great. I was just off on my dates (which I knew would happen). However, it was transvaginal and I was really sore afterwards. Friday morning me and my FI woke up and wanted to get frisky. Then the rest of the day I was really sore. Well, right before bed and my FI were moving around some furniture and stuff, then I went to go get ready for bed. There was blood and mucus on my TP. We freaked and ran to the ER.

Well, the bleeding stopped like 15 minutes after it started. It wasn't much. The doc took a look at things. He said that my cervix is closed and that everything looks like I'm not miscarrying. Got another beta and they did rise.  Apparently, I am doubling every 4 days. So he said that was a good sign. Everything else looked great. Now I have to go get another U/S within the next week and hope to god we see a heartbeat!

Anyone else experience this kind of spotting before? Was there a baby 8 months later? I am mentally convincing myself that this was all due to vaginal trauma over the last few days and being too active. That my baby is just fine. In the meantime I have been put on pelvic rest until I get out of the danger zone. Please someone give me a some more hope. I want this baby so much! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Had another trip to the ER

• Did you call your OB before going to the ER?  I've been spotting off and on and my OB said unless its as much if not more than a period to not worry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't have any experience with this, but I just wanted to say good luck!!  Sounds like you just overdid it a bit, so get some rest, Momma!!

FX that you don't have any more spotting, and that your LO is growing perfectly!

• Loading the player...
  • imageIndyPRGirl:
    Did you call your OB before going to the ER?  I've been spotting off and on and my OB said unless its as much if not more than a period to not worry.

Nope, my doc's office is closed. The best I could of done is get the on call doc at our labor and delivery ward. It was a lot at the time lol. It wouldn't of filled a pad though. Maybe a tiny panty liner. Then stopped 15 minutes later. Weird as heck. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What an ordeal!?!?  Take it easy momma, and I'm sure LO is doing great in there.  FX for a great u/s next week!

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Definitely sounds like you just did too much. Glad it stopped!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Why didn't thy do an ultrasound in the ER. T&p, I've had spotting on and off too, I'm sure your fine
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagexokell2:
    Why didn't thy do an ultrasound in the ER. T&p, I've had spotting on and off too, I'm sure your fine

They have a really weak U/S machine at our ER and their internal probe is always out being serviced. It's terrible. 

• You need to relax. Seriously. You wasted a trip to the ER, with a copay, when your dr on call could have told you it was just from too much activity. ESPECIALLY when the bleeding stopped after 15 mins and wasn't even that much. 

Calm the drama. It's going to be a loooooooooooong 8 months otherwise. 

Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesourapplemartini:

You need to relax. Seriously. You wasted a trip to the ER, with a copay, when your dr on call could have told you it was just from too much activity. ESPECIALLY when the bleeding stopped after 15 mins and wasn't even that much. 

what she said
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
    1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
    You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.
  • imageMee83shell:
    imagesourapplemartini:

You need to relax. Seriously. You wasted a trip to the ER, with a copay, when your dr on call could have told you it was just from too much activity. ESPECIALLY when the bleeding stopped after 15 mins and wasn't even that much. 

what she said

Agree with these two. Save the ER trips for when they can actually do something to help you.  

• I have been bleeding for 2 weeks.  It gets worse with activity.  My ob told me to call if it gets heavy. 

Some times I need a pad, some days it is nothing.

I bled like this with DD, but only for like a week.

• I have been bleeding and spotting for the past 2 weeks as well. First day it was heavy bright red, called the doctor that day and had u/s and blood work. Things looked okay just found out I wasn't as far along as thought. Since then I have had brown spotting and mucus more days than not. Said as long as cramping and bleeding isn't super heavy try not to worry about it, just relax.  Going in for another u/s on Tuesday to make sure things are progressing and still looking good! Just try to relax and take it easy.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Glad to hear everything is ok. As I'm sure you probably know, sex can cause spotting and the mucous could be fluids from sex also. Could that have also been it? Good luck and I hope you don't have these issues going forward.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"