December 2011 Moms
Options

Sad :( friends baby passed away...

A family friend of ours was expecting there 2nd baby girl in 2 wks.. I don't know the details but the baby passed away @38wks...

I am heart broken over the story & almost feel guilty posting pictures of my LO on FB .. I told her (along with 80 other friends on FB)  that I was sorry & would pray for them..

How do you deal with something like this? She is older then me, I used to babysit her brothers & sisters.. I just.. Feel.. I just don't know!!  

Follow Me on Pinterest
Aniston Elizabeth, born @37wks, 12-8-11.. 7lbs & 19in.. 100% PERFECT!
Blog Time!!
the 3 faces of Aniston @ 6wks...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Sad :( friends baby passed away...

• Options
    That's heartbreaking!  There's no easy way to deal with the loss of a baby, but your thoughtfulness and sensitivity will go a long way.  After suffering 2 early losses, I went to a pregnancy loss support group and there were 2 couples that suffered late-term losses.  I remember how much it bothered them when others didn't acknowledge the baby that they lost, or quickly seemed to forget about their baby.  The love and support of family and friends is crucial.  Also, I don't think you should feel guilty about posting pictures of your baby, but don't take it personally if she needs space from you and your pictures. 
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image
    The third time was the charm!
    BFP #3 ~ 4.08.11 ~ EDD: 12.17.11 ~ DD born 12.13.11
    BFP #2 - 8.04.10 - missed m/c discovered 8.31.10, d&c 9.02.10
    BFP #1 - 5.20.10 - m/c 5.29.10 @ 5w6d
  • Options

*lurker*

I cried reading this. So heart breaking. I lost my son at 34 Wks last March. Please check out the Loss board. There are links for suggestions on what to do/say and what not to do/say. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How heartbreaking! They will definitely be in my prayers. 

I would definitely send a card, and if you are close to them, maybe drop off dinner one night, or get them a gift card to a place where they can get take out or delivery. Maybe also get her a commemorative necklace or bracelet.

Also let her know that you are there to talk if she needs it, but don't be insulted if she pulls away from you for a while- I'm sure it's going to be hard for her knowing your LO is here and hers isn't. Continue to check up on her in the coming months, and always acknowledge her LO by name. 

BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    This is awful, and heart wrenching. I will definitely keep them in my thoughts and prayers. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I understand.  I have a friend who lost her baby at 35 weeks.  It was 4 months ago today she had delivered him.  I didnt know what to say or do as I was still pregnant and didnt want to upset her.  Support her in any way that you can.  Let her know if she needs anything you are there.  Praying for her and her family.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"