May 2012 Moms

Update On MommytoNBJplus3!

Hello Everyone!

Well if you didn't see my post yesterday I will fill you in. On Thursday I went in for my 20 week appointment all was fine and good. Then 2 am Friday morning I woke up with horrible contractions so just to be safe we went to the hospital.So we got there and I was dilated at 1 cm and still having contractions. I was then put on magnesium sulfate for contractions and got a steroid shot for the babies just incase. I was still at 1 cm when I went to sleep last night and was still having some mild contractions. Well I woke up this morning and doctor came in to check my cervix and I was dilated a 2 cm. So the doctors made the hard decision with all of my doctors to put me on hospital bed rest since I am having triplets and we want the best for them that is what is best for them. So I will have a cerclage put in to stop further dilation and that will be taken out  when I deliver. If things start getting better then I may be able to go home but as far as I know I will be here. I have been diagnosed with incompetent cervix. Every 6 hours I will have steroid shots given at my hip to help the babies mature better. I will be on magnesium sulfate,and nifedipine both through IVs. I think that is it sorry for the rant. Also if anyone has been on bed rest please message me! Also if you have tips or ideas to keep me sane that would be great thanks!

Thanks Ladies 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update On MommytoNBJplus3!

• Oh my! I am thinking about you. If you need anything, please let me know! I am just thankful that you went to the doctor and they caught everything in time.

Get lots of magazines, an ipad, have your laptop with you, portable dvd player. They will allow you to order food out too (we do that at my hospital!).

Keep us all informed!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I am glad to hear that they've found a medical solution to help keep you and your LOs safe. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Lots of T&Ps to you as you go through these treatments and deal with bed rest.

• Loading the player...
  • oh my goodness...i am so sorry you are going through this but so glad they have a plan for you and your 3 miracles!!!  i will be keeping you in my thoughts!!! 
    Jaime... Mommy to Alexa Shaye and Sofia Gabrielle imageMy Bio CafeMom Tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bummer! So glad the doctor's caught everything in time though! I have had several friends have to do the steroid shots....they end up being a blessing in the end because if you do have to deliver early, the babies will be stronger and (likely) spend less time in the hospital--if any--had a friend that delivered prematurely and baby didn't have to stay past mommy thanks to those steroid shots!

I agree with PP....if you can afford it and don't already have one, get an iPad or some sort of laptop to keep you sane....and since you are having two girls, you could always ask DH and kids to go to Hobby Lobby or a craft store and get some ribbons and stuff to make bows! Or if you know how to knit/crochet....heck, you could learn off the internet!

GL and keep us posted! We will keep it interesting on here for sure so hopefully you will have some awesome reading! :) T&P for you and the babies! 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Wow!  They seem to have a good plan for you and the babies. I'll definitely be thinking of you!  At least you'll be able to catch up on some reading! :)
  • "Sorry for the rant"????  Sweety, you feel free to rant anytime!  I'm so sorry you are going through this!  I will keep you and your precious babies in my thoughts!  As far as ideas to keep you busy have you thought of starting a blog about your experience?  It could be cathartic for you and help others in your situation! 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • OMG That is awful. I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you have help at home with your other children? Take care of yourself -- get lots of reading materials, movies (if you can), etc. Let the hospital staff do everything for you while you are there! At least the babies are safe, right?
    --Danielle :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wishing you and your LOs well! Please keep us updated and feel free to rant! Hospital bed rest does not sound fun. Ditto PPs on a Kindle or iPad or similar, so you can read, watch movies, and play games to help you keep from getting too bored.

D14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel 3rd Tri:
    imageimageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm sorry to hear that you have been put on hospital bed rest, but am so glad that the babies are all still okay. You are willing to do whatever is best for them and that makes you a wonderful mommy to them already. Hang in there and I suspect you will be doing a lot of reading in the next couple of months. :)

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am so sorry that you are going through this, but thankfully you went in when you did so they could make a plan to keep you and your babies safe.  T&P headed out for you and your family.  I agree with some of the PPs who said you have no need to apologize.  You rant anytime you need to! 

What kind of books do you enjoy reading?  I think it's going to take a good combination of visits from family and friends, movies, reading, crafting, etc. to keep you sane, but it will all be worth it when you have three healthy babies to take all your time, attention, and love at the end of this adventure!

• Keeping you and your three angels in my prayers...I have no helpful advice but I had DS early and recieved the steroid injections. I have to say he was born healthy and I believed they worked well. So hopefully that is a little bit encouraging.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • So sorry you have to be away from your family and in the hospital ((hugs)). I will say a prayer that things slow down and you get to go home and those contractions hold out a little longer.
  • Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and the babies!
    Julie... Mommy to a beautiful baby girl & 2 handsome boys!! image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oo my goodness, that's so scary!  I'm so sorry you're having to go through all of this!  Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way for you and your babies!!!
  • to keep you "busy" you could take up knitting or crocheting... a friend of mine was on bed rest and made lots of cute baby hats and blankets when she was bored!  
  • Sorry that you are going through this.  At least you are in the best place possible.  Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way for no more contractions and healthy growing babies. 

Have your doctors determined how many weeks they are trying to get you too? I mean, of course they want you to go full term if possible, but you know what I mean...

Keep us upated!

• Thoughts and prayers for you and the little ones..I know its not how you imagined it, but whatever it takes to keep LO's safe..hang in there momma!!
    1st Iui+Clomid+Ovidrel 8-13-11 BFP
    Beta @ 16dpiui=289
    Beta @20dpiui=1309
    Beta @24dpiui=3969
    IT'S A GIRL..MADELYNN ELIZABETH
    Madelynn Elizabeth born 31w6d's due to pre e.
    Welcome to the world princess!
    3-9-12
    3.7lbs/ 17 inches
  • imageohbabyboy:

Sorry that you are going through this.  At least you are in the best place possible.  Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way for no more contractions and healthy growing babies. 

Have your doctors determined how many weeks they are trying to get you too? I mean, of course they want you to go full term if possible, but you know what I mean...

Keep us upated!

My main  goal is 32 weeks which is full term for triplets which is March 18th!

Thanks Ladies! I get to spend NYE with my DH and some friends. It is not what I wanted but it is better than nothing! The worst part is being away from my kids. Hopefully 11 weeks go bye quickly! 

• Lots and lots of T's & P's to you and the LO's. I'd get Netflix if you don't have it already. It works on some smart phones and tablets (I know it works on the ipad). If you are crafty, maybe crochet? make some little hats or mittens or something? I'd probably download every app on the planet for my phone and play with that lol. 

Hope you feel better and those kiddo's keep baking!  

*Amanda*
    Adopting my little one soon! EDD 5/08/12
    My blog - thoughts, frustrations, and happy moments from an adoptive mommy

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker
  • Oh, wow! Glad you and your LOs are okay, but bummed you have to be cooped up. :( Thank goodness for the internet, right? :)

Do you knit or crochet? That might be a nice alternative to reading/surfing. 

Sending good thoughts your way - hope those babies cook quickly! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"