2nd Trimester
Options

TMI, but I need opinions

So I woke up this morning and my vagina was in pain.  I was in the shower when I noticed a big bump on the inside of the lip rubbbing against the other side.  I hopped out and looked into the mirror and it was huge and had a white head on it.  It hurts so bad.  I hope it goes away.  I want to pop it, but not sure what to do????
loving being a mommy Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: TMI, but I need opinions

• Options
    Sounds like a pimple to me....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    it sounds like it could be an abscess.  Are you running a fever?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No I am not running a fever.  Other than it just hurting when I move, I am fine. 
  • Options
    if no fever then I would just soak in a warm tub or place warm compresses on the area until it comes to a head that is easy to drain
  • Options

imagehollyg1920:
    if no fever then I would just soak in a warm tub or place warm compresses on the area until it comes to a head that is easy to drain

Thanks for the advice, I am so going to do that.

• Options
    Sounds like a pimple to me.  I would just take a warm shower, and do not irritate it.  It should take care of itself.  
  • Options
    Thats a bartholin gland absess. If it has a white head already, lucky you! I would get in the bath with very warm water and epsom salts to encourage it to drain on it's own. trust me, they will put a cathater in it for 6 weeks and it's painful. I had surgery for mine.. NOT FUN. Feel free to PM me about this.. I am almost a pro at these devils
  • Options
    imagenicwilk83:

imagehollyg1920:

Thanks for the advice, I am so going to do that.

Wait, Wait!! Don't do that yet. I'm not saying this is what it is but it could be a Molluscum contagiosum. They look like white head pimples but they are very painful. They are full of bacteria and if they are opened it could spread. I had them once when I was younger. Technically, they are a form of STD but my doctor told me that they are like the cold of the STD world. Basically if your area comes in contact with anything that has been touched by this bacteria, you basically get it (towels, toilet seats, etc). 

If that's what you have, you have to just let it run its course and not mess with it. I only had one at a time but it took my body a while to get rid of the bacteria completely (over a year). I would call your doctor first before doing anything.   

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options

Ok obviously you have quite a few things this could be.  But.....if it is molloscum, I've had those recently (yuck) and so did my 10 yr. old neice on her forehead.  It is gross but common.  IF that is what it is, my gyn (prior to OB) had me pop them with a sterilized pin (I had a cluster of small ones) and clean the area with alcohol.  They dried up in a couple days.  But thats only if that is what it is.  Why do these things always happen on the weekend when you can't call your dr.?  LOL  Good luck!

• Options
    Ingrown hair?
  • Options
    Ingrown hair maybe. Just let it be it'll go away.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for all the advice.  If it doesn't go away by monday I will be calling the dr hopefully tuesday because the drs office is closed monday for holiday. 
  • Options
    So it was just a pimple, and it popped this evening.  YAY!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"