Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Recomendations Wanted: Sound Machines and Milk Storage

I am looking for recommendations for two things. First thing is a sound machine. I have been using my iPod with some rain white noise sounds on it. The problem is the track is only 10 minutes so I have to put the track on repeat and then my iPod freezes several times a night and I have to reset. I have been looking into one of the Homedics ones that play the nature sounds but I have read mixed reviews. Does anyone else have any recommendations for a good machine that will play all night? I would prefer one with rain/nature sounds as LO sleeps in my and DH's room right now.

The other thing I would like advice on is milk storage. Because DS was three weeks early and slightly tongue tied he isn't able to latch so I pump all of his milk for him and he eats from a bottle. Right now I am producing more than he can eat in a day so I am storing a lot of milk. What I have been doing is pump into one of the 5 oz. Medela bottles and then transfer into one of the Medela Pump and Save bags. I find that it is easier to collect in the bottles. However, the Medela bags are sort of pricey and I have heard that the Lanisoh ones are even better. Also, rotating the four 5 oz bottles is tough. Are there any other bottles that will work with the Medela pump?

Thanks for the advice!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Recomendations Wanted: Sound Machines and Milk Storage

• imageRedheadBaker:

I use the Homedics SoundSpa Lullaby noise machine: 

Has the projection stayed working ok? When I was on Amazon a lot of people were saying the projection went out quickly. Do the sounds sound natural? Some people were also saying the sounds weren't real soothing. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Sleep sheep!

When I BF'd we just used the slide ins. We are FF now so we make bottles as needed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I only use the lansinoh storage bags and love them.

You can pump into most any bottle with a standard opening..or you can buy an adapter online and pump into avent bottles as well.

However, I either pump into the avent bottles that I feed with..or these ones screw right onto the pump without an adapter..and are pretty cheap..https://www.amazon.com/Lansinoh-Breastmilk-Storage-Bottles-4-Count/dp/B001EPQ1NA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325355792&sr=8-1

Use subsribe and save to get the cheap price, and then cancel your subscription once the order ships :)

• I'm no help on the storage bags.

But we love the Soothe and Glow Seahorse and the Glow and Go Turtle, both by FP. 

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• I use lasinoh storage bags. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have a soundmachine in our  room and his.  It is a marpac soundscreen.  It works great and I can attest to it being sturdy.  My son loves to unplug it and drag it from one plug to another.

Married to the Love of My Life since September 14, 2002. 
    Me: 39 DH: 36
    BFP#1: 10/20/08,  EDD: 6/29/09
    PIH, bedrest for 4 wks, delivered at 39 weeks by induction and then c-section- Healthy baby boy on 6/24/09 :-)

BFP#2: 11/24/11, EDD: 8/4/12, Angel Baby- 2/19/12
    Enlarged bladder seen on U/S at 12 weeks (1/15/12), possibly LUTO or Prune Belly, Heartbeat at OB on 2/17/12,
    No heartbeat/movement at U/S on 2/20/12, (missed MC), D&E:2/22/12.  Miscarried our sweet angel boy @ 16 wks

TTCAL since June 2012, 
    Progesterone normal, FSH elevated & AMH on the low side--  "ovaries acting older"
    Clomid cycles: 50 mg in February, July, August, September, November 2013, June 2014--  BFNs!!  :-(
    August & September 2014: Clomid, HCG and IUI-- BFNs
    September 2014: FSH= 15.7 AMH= 0.25  UGH!!!  Old lady Ovaries!!!
    October & November 2014: Gonadatropin injections, HCG & IUI... BFNs!!

We have been blessed with a sweet little boy.  
    Hoping to be able to give him a sibling someday.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We use 'Nature's Soothing Sounds"  machine, it will play for 30 min or until you turn it off, it plugs in or uses batteries.  It isn't made anymore and I had to buy three (for our other bedrooms) off ebay.  Has 6 sound options including rain and white noise. It is an amazing machine. 

I use the Lansinoh bags.  I pump into Snappies.  Like PP said the pump will fit most standard bottles.  You can get the cheapies at most stores then just transfer the milk into the bags in the amount you want.

• We use the sleep sheep during the day but it automatically shuts off after 45 minutes.

For night time we have the graco sound machine and we can leave it on all night.

Lansinoh bags work great.   

• I use Lansinoh storage bags.

For a sound machine I either use my iPod, or an app I downloaded on my phone, DD only uses it to fall asleep, i usually set a timer on it for about 15 minutes, and put it above her in the bassinet, and once it goes off DD is usually asleep so I take it away.   

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"