December 2010 Moms
Options

XP: Girl name help

Ok Dec Mamas, who wants to help me out. DH and I are looking for names and have yet to come across one we both "love". We have a few we both "like" but could definetly use some more ideas. 

DS is Oliver Nicholas. We both seem to be leaning towards more classic/old fashioned names which is great but can't seem to find one we both agree on and 'love". Some of the names on our combined "like" list are:

Iris, Virginia, Scarlet, Evelyn, Clara and Eleanor. There are a few more but you get the idea. Any suggestions ladies? TIA!

imageimage

Re: XP: Girl name help

• Options
    I really like Clara!  If we have a girl her name will be Katherine.  Good luck with your choice!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love Evelyn, very classic.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Evelyn is on our list, too! Along with Margaret and Claire.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejax63081:
    I really like Clara!  If we have a girl her name will be Katherine.  Good luck with your choice!

All this! Except Catherine with a C here, lol.

My brother was going to be Caroline Virginia if he was a girl. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have very similar baby name styles! :) I always knew my first daughter would be a Charlotte, so that was an easy pick (MH loved the name, too). If we have another girl in the future her name will probably be Eleanor. Here is my favorite girl name list, though: Lylah, Vivienne, Violet, Hazel, Iris, Beatrix, Eliza, Eleanor, Ruth, and Etta. If DD's MN wasn't Louise, I would probably have Eloise on my list, too. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with a classic name, no matter what you choose!

• Options

We have Clara on our girl list too (team green) and I had Scarlett and Virgina (my grandmother's name) but H vetoed them.  

With your list I might add Lillian, or Lilliana, Josephine, Madaline, Victoria, Grace, and Caroline (or Coraline). 

image   image

• Options

My girls are Natalie, Kristen and Audrey.  If Isaac would have been a girl he would have been Miranda. 

Of your combined like list my favorite is Clara, but I also like Evelyn and Eleanor.  Good luck!

• Options
    imageEMO-mamma:

We have Clara on our girl list too (team green) and I had Scarlett and Virgina (my grandmother's name) but H vetoed them.  

With your list I might add Lillian, or Lilliana, Josephine, Madaline, Victoria, Grace, and Caroline (or Coraline). 

Coraline is on our girl name list. :-) I agree though, you can't go wrong with a solid classic name!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    Our girl name is Gracie Helen, but I also like Sophia and Olivia
    Baby <a href=BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Well I'll tell you our choices if we'd had a girl- Evelyn or Alice. My friend's daughter is Clara! That's a good one too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I love Eleanor, lots of nickname possibilities.

• Options
    How about Ivy?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Thanks everyone! You guys definetly zoned in on our style. A lot of the suggestions, Violet, Caroline/Coraline, Amelia, Ivy and others were actually on my list but DH vetoed them. My favorites off my list were Penelope and Imogen but he really didn't like either of those.

The other names on our "like" list are:

Hazel, Anabel, Claudia, Gemma, Luna, Alice, Astrid and Kate (I think I could talk him into Catherine with Kate/Cate as a nn)

If you can think of any more send them my way! Thanks ladies!

imageimage
  • Options
    I am probably no help at all because I am generally not a classic name fan. I have a suggestion, though.  Marguerite with a nickname of Margo.  
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    I really like Hazel, super cute. I was going to suggest Amelia, but I see your DH veto'ed. My BFF's name is Amelie, which is a take on that, like the French movie. I've always liked the name.. don't know if that is your style or not!
  • Options

Faves based on your list--

Gemma Kate

Iris Elizabeth

I really like your taste in names!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageSerendipity117:

Thanks everyone! You guys definetly zoned in on our style. A lot of the suggestions, Violet, Caroline/Coraline, Amelia, Ivy and others were actually on my list but DH vetoed them. My favorites off my list were Penelope and Imogen but he really didn't like either of those.

The other names on our "like" list are:

Hazel, Anabel, Claudia, Gemma, Luna, Alice, Astrid and Kate (I think I could talk him into Catherine with Kate/Cate as a nn)

If you can think of any more send them my way! Thanks ladies!

That is why I love Katherine.  I want to call her Kate.  The middle name we have picked out is Grace.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Scarlett is my bff's name! So I really like it. She likes being a Scarlett too.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options
    DH loves classic girl's names, too.  We were discussing future girl's names recently and he came up with Claire, Estelle, Audrey and Sylvia.  Sylvia is his grandmother's name and I actually love that one.  
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options
    I love the name Eleanor. One of my best friends named her daughter Eleanor and it just fits her so perfectly.
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejanneann1127:
    I really like Hazel, super cute. I was going to suggest Amelia, but I see your DH veto'ed. My BFF's name is Amelie, which is a take on that, like the French movie. I've always liked the name.. don't know if that is your style or not!

Amelie is actually our girl name!  I was just going to post on here about that name but glad I scanned through first.  We loved it every since the movie came out.  We probably will only have C so will sadly not get to use it but I still love it. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am a fan of classic names too. My DD is Charlotte, and for future DDs we have tossed around names like Betsy, Isla, Audrey, Esther,and Lucy.

Good luck I know you will find something you both LOVE.

• Options

I love the classic names as well.

Our top two girl names are Lilian Ruth and Kiera Rose.

We were so stumped with boy names, I hope this one is a girl just so we don't have to decide on another boy name!

• Options
    Okay, I didn't read all the responses, but if Nathan was a girl, he was going to be a Natalie.  I still love the name.  I also liked Nora.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"