High-Risk Pregnancy

Bedrest fitness?

Has anyone tried any approved excercises while on bedrest? I found a DVD online called bedrest fitness but it sounds like most of the excercises require sitting up which wouldn't really work. 

I was really hoping for a natural childrbirth but am worried that 12 weeks (hopefully!) of modified bedrest will leave me too physically weak to handle that. I'd like to try to stay in semi decent shape (or just not become terribly out of shape) and do plan on ask the dr about it at my next appointment. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bedrest fitness?

• No but have been wondering the same! I worked out 6 days a wk until I was hit with bedrest, I already feel my muscle atrophying
    Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!
  • Wow, talk about your oxymoron...Smile  My only approved exercise was getting off the couch to use the bathroom 100 times a day b/c of all the H2O I had to drink.  Will be curious to hear if your OB ok's any exercises.  It's not fun to think of all the muscle you're going to lose, or the disadvantage it may put you at for labor...but the important thing is making it to labor and keeping that LO cooking. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelisac1017:

Wow, talk about your oxymoron...Smile  My only approved exercise was getting off the couch to use the bathroom 100 times a day b/c of all the H2O I had to drink.  Will be curious to hear if your OB ok's any exercises.  It's not fun to think of all the muscle you're going to lose, or the disadvantage it may put you at for labor...but the important thing is making it to labor and keeping that LO cooking. 

I know, right? :) And I should say that ultimately, I don't really care how she comes out as long as she is healthy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi,

I'm on hospital  bedrest and waiting for a consult from the physical therapist.  When I was here with my first, I did PT.  It wasn't really 'exercise' per say, mostly stretching and working the arms and legs, but I think it helped.  You could ask your OB about that.  I do as much as I can remember now.  I only spent 4 weeks here with my first, and did the PT exercises every other day or so, but I remember how much my legs burned once I was home.  I can't speak to the labor question because I had a c-section. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"