April 2012 Moms
Options

changing station tip

The post below made me think of this, we had this little JJ Cole Cady on top of our dresser beside the changing pad, one side holds a container of wipes, the other a stack of diapers, in the little drawer I put soem bum cream and vaseline, etc. I also tucked a pump stule hand sanitizer in with the stack of diapers. I had everything I needed right there.

It usually stayed right there on the dresser but I remember the odd day where I was sick, I took the whole caddy into the livingroom to do diaper changes there (a change pad is included) without going into the bedroom. This would be espeically helpful in a 2 story home or basement.

We took apart our changer and I put this caddy under DS' nightstand and use it for all his changes still. It comes in other colours and I'm sore you could really use any basket instead, they are $30 at BRU.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: changing station tip

• Options
    Thanks for the tip! I registered for a similar caddy that has our nursery theme on it and was hoping it would be a helpful organizer!
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

A caddy can be very handy. Especially in the newborn stage when they poop just about every time they eat! 

Our changing area is downstairs in the living room, not upstairs in the nursery (we don't care that the "baby stuff" is taking over the house. LOL) but we had a caddy upstairs for when DS was a newborn so that we could do changes upstairs right after feedings and during the night in our room. It was very helpful. 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the post and the comments. I wasn't sure if it was necessary. But we do have a bigger two story house. The nursery is upstairs but the safest place to let baby crawl around is downstairs. I have a feeling that could save me a bunch of trips up the stairs :  ) 
  • Options
    Really great tips for FTMs & reminders for the rest of us. With DD#1 I went upsatairs every.single.diaper.change. With DD#2 I used the caddy& pad like the one in the picture & changed her wherever. This babe will be changed wherever too. It is great to have everything you need in one (or two) caddies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love this idea!!!  I did use a rubbermaid for my girls when they needed several diaper changes in a day, and super glad to see they make them for that specific reason now!  You can keep it out and carry it where ever you go from living room to bedroom to nursery.  Super great idea!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I like it, but DH is convinced a small wooden basket for $10 would do the same thing.

Married my best friend September 18 2010

10/10 Stopped BCP & Started Charting

1/11-4/11 Spotting 6 days before AF

4/11 Dx PCOS, FSH 8.7, LH 19.7, Start Mircette

6/11 Stopped BCP, return to charting, TTC w/o meds, plan tostart Clomid 9/11

7/31/11 BFP! Beta #1 33 @ 12dpo, Beta #2 222 @ 15dpo, Beta #3 5,181 @ 22dpo!!

9/9/11 1st ultrasound= 1 beautiful baby and heartbeat, right on track! EDD 4/13/12

NT scan on 10/3, IT'S A BOY!

DS 4/9/12, DD 1/15/15 

My BFP chart!

• Options
    I highly recommended doing this. We have a caddy like you described in our living room; have had it since about a week into having DS home. Makes changes so much easier in our 2 story house!
  • Options
    imagekateinlove:
    I like it, but DH is convinced a small wooden basket for $10 would do the same thing.
    Oh, it totally would. Our caddy is one of those shower caddies from Target. Just make sure you have a changing pad with the caddy.... you will want it for poop-splosions.
  • Options
    We have that one too and I love it. We use it all of the time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good tip! I had three caddy's for where we did the most changes, one in our room, his nursery and in the living room. The one next to the changing pad is a must in the nursery!

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"