Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

5 month olds and eating

Hi Guys,

How often is/did your 5 month old eat and how much? I stopped nursing for about 2 weeks and EP which was awful, in that time DS ate about 32 oz a day, and I was able to keep up (I feel very lucky) but the constant pumping was terrible, so I am now back to nursing and pumping. Getting DS back to nursing has been a little challenging but we are getting there. He nurses for about 10 minutes twice per day, and eats about 3 8 oz bottles a day as well. Does this sound enough?

Re: 5 month olds and eating

• Options
    actually, he nurses twice a day (right before I go to work, and when I get home from work) he then has a 8 oz bottle before his morning nap, another 8 oz bottle before his afternoon nap, and 5 oz after his afternoon nap, then he nurses, and before bed has another 8 oz bottle. He seems satisfied. He eats every 3 hours or so.
  • Options

Hannah will be 5 months next week and is consuming anywhere from 28-36 ounces a day.  She will go 3-4 hrs between feeding and usually STTN 11-12 hrs (with a couple of paci runs of course!).  Once in a while she will take a bottle in the middle of the night.

I have also been told that it's based on weight.  2-3 oz per pound per day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I recently had to switch to FF. LO can't handle more than 5 oz at a time (or else he projectiles). He is drinking 5oz about every 3-3.5 hours. Unfortunately, this is around the clock. I have worked on trying to increase his daytime nutrition so he doesn't need it at night, but like I said, he will projectile vomit after 6oz. He also gets solids (about 3-3.5 oz) twice a day. It is so hard because he has never ever ever refused a bottle or signaled that he was full. He will drink and eat until he explodes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DD is ff and eats between 25-35 oz a day, she's really all over the place, most days its around 28-30oz. She's tiny though so probably eats less then a lot of 5monthers
    image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DS eats every 4-5hrs, we offer 7oz bottles (FF) and most of the time he finishes, sometimes only eats like 5-6.  He usually gets 28-35oz/day.  He STTN so can go from 830-5 or 6 am without eating.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DD eats 6 times each day (every 3.5 hours), about 5 ounces each time (I EBF).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"